Page twenty-five

As Lydia walked across the street to her house, she thought about everything that Jovie said.

The warnings were weird, but she would follow them anyway.

Lydia put the records in her little satchel.

She was left alone at home that day. This time, her siblings weren't there. They went to work with Hank for bring your kid to work day. So Lydia knew that she would be alone, and that scary things were at a 100% chance of happening.

She looked into the kitchen window as she walked closer to the house.

"Did the curtain just move?"

Lydia hesitated to unlock the door to come inside. Why would she want to go inside? Scary things were happening before she even got in! Air conditioning would be the only reason. It was hotter than heck outside.

"I need to be brave." Lydia said, clenching the keys in her fist.

She took a deep breath and shoved the key in the lock. She exhaled as she turned the key, opening the door.

Now for the hard part, opening the door. Another deep breath was taken, and she opened the door.

The house was normal, and cool. Not 112 degrees, like outside.

Lydia walked into the living room, and plopped on the couch. She noticed a strange object lying on the floor, halfway outside the man cave.

She walked over to it, and observed it. It was the creepiest little doll in the universe. When Lydia noticed what it was, she jumped back, giving a small ehhh.

The doll was broken and filthy, like the kind at antique shops. But there was a whole different element of creepy to it. Lydia didn't know what made it so scary. Perhaps the fact that it looked like it would come to life and kill her, or the fact that she had never seen the doll before in her life.

She ran up to her room, and shut the door.

"Okay, that thing was not there when I left, and now, it's just there for no reason!" Lydia said to herself.

After she calmed herself down, she heard cries of pain. The sound was so blood-curdling, that it got her to come out of her room.

When she looked into the living room, there was no one there. But there was blood on the floor,as if someone had just been punctured by something sharp.