Communication and the "First Date" (edited)

"Look Jungkook," Seokjin runs his hands through his hair.

Jungkook texted Seokjin to meet him at a park, because of Taehyung- Jungkook agreed that Seokjin and him seriously lacked communication skills.

"Seokjin, I know you don't believe in soulmates or want us to be, but-"

Seokjin sighed. "As much as I hate soulmates, I wouldn't leave you in the dust like that. I'm a jerk, but not a heartless one."

"What about the girl at the party?" Jungkook asked.

"She said she knew you from high school," Seokjin said. "I kind of wanted to know more about you from someone else's perspective. Because to me, you're an immature, whiny little brat sometimes."

Jungkook gave him an indignant look.

Seokjin continued on, "But when I'm with you, I feel comfortable with our banter. Whenever I was around you, I felt happy with how well we joke around. I feel like people disregard the fact that banter is important in a relationship. Now, I feel like soulmates are like friends but with a deeper connection and who have romantic feelings for each other. The reason I'm scared about the whole soulmate gig is the realization of only being able to actually love one person forever is scary."

"Really?" Jungkook said.

"Don't push it, Jungkook. You're still an annoying brat..but you're my soulmate. And that's all there is to it."

Jungkook sat on the bench quietly. "I still don't trust you completely."

"I get that you don't trust me. After all, I played with your emotions... I broke your heart multiple times because I thought I could break our soulmate bond. And now I'm just giving a crappy apology. So I guess I can only make this better by giving you the truth."

"You thought you could break a soulmate bond? That's the most idiotic, stupidest, dumbest idea I've ever heard-"

"I'll take that as a compliment from the most idiotic, dumbest, stupidest person I know." Seokjin manages a half-smile.

"Fuck off, old man." Jungkook can't help but smile.

"As soon as you do, brat." Seokjin stifles a laugh.

_about a week later_ 

"Me. You. Food. 6 PM." Seokjin jabs Jungkook's chest with every word for emphasis.

"I'm not that easy."

"That's a lie, you're a sucker for food."

"Damn, you got me." Seokjin smiles triumphantly. "JK." 

"I'm trying to take you out to a decent date." Seokjin grumbled.

"I'll drag you if I have to, Junglecock." 

"You know, it'd be really nice if you could stop calling me that. It's getting quite old, like you."

"I hate you." Seokjin mutters.

"Sorry, was that a love confession I just heard?" Jungkook says cheekily.

Seokjin sighed. "Well, you clearly don't want a free dinner like any other sane person. So what do you want?"

"I want to go to the amusement ride and go on all of the scary ones. With you." Jungkook smiled gleefully and surprisingly evil for someone so cute.

"...but dinner afterward?," Seokjin asked, hopefully.

"Fine." Jungkook rolled his eyes back to Seokjin. 

"Wimp," he muttered. 

"I heard that!"