Chance

"So you're telling me," Seokjin rubbed his temples. "That we're soulmates even though we hate each other to the bottom of our hearts and beyond?" Jungkook had called his co-workers and told them he and Seokjin couldn't attend because they had to discuss a "serious matter". They still remained in the coffee shop, however 

"Have you been listening to me the past five minutes? Or are you so old you're getting deaf." 

"You're only five years younger, you can't say anything."

"Five years is a lot. And you're practically an old man, all you need now is a cane, and you have to say 'eh?!' every time anyone says anything to you." Seokjin slaps the back of his neck. "Ouch-"

"Jeon Jungkook, I hope you aren't joking right now."

"Wrists don't lie. It's even on your wrist now." Jungkook pointed to the identical mark.

"...we don't have to be soulmates."

"Pardon?!"

"A mark doesn't make us fall in love. It's not like we have to be together-"

"The mark is a sign we're soulmates. Our souls are the ones that make us fall in love, you pabo." 

"But we don't have to be together." Seokjin's voice is low. "We don't have to be soulmates. We can find our true love without destiny pointing its finger to "guide" us. What I am saying is that you don't have to believe in soulmates. I've always thought soulmates were bullshit."

"Kim-fucking-Seokjin, you're telling me I waited 18 years for nothing? I waited every single moment of my life to get to this day ever since I heard about it. I don't like you but you're my soulmate. As much as I hate you, I could learn to like you. I just haven't found a reason yet, that's all." Jungkook actually looked genuinely hurt.

Seokjin sighed. "You don't understand."

"What do you mean by I don't understand? Shouldn't be the other way around?"

"...I'll tell you later. But I guess I'll give you a shot."

Jungkook snorted. "Stop talking to me as if I were a thing."

Seokjin stays quiet. No denial, Jungkook thought drily. "Now what?"

"Give me your number."

"What?!-"

"Gimme your phone number." Jungkook beckons him. "Hurry up."

"Slow down, tiger. Do I really have to give you my number?"

"Yes."

"But you're probably going to spam me."

"Just give me it."

"You didn't deny it!" Seokjin pointed out.

Jungkook smiles cheekily. "Give me your phone before I steal it. And you really don't want to know what I'll do when I'll have your phone."

Seokjin grumbles something about insistent brats who're five years younger than you and tells Jungkook his number reluctantly. "I hate you."

"I love you too~" Jungkook grinned cheekily again and Jin rolls his eyes. 

"You are one son of a bitch, you know that right?"

"Oh, I had no idea. Especially when you said that to me every day."

Unknown                                                                                                                                                                    Jin

Huehuehuehue

Seokjin looked up and saw Jungkook smiling, his lips parted a bit so that you could see the slightest glint of teeth. 

I hate you

I know you secretly love me ;)

"We're literally a slap-length away." Seokjin says.

"Did you really have to refer to it like that?"

"Of course." Seokjin nods mockingly.

Some things will never change.