8-A Toothache and a Bad Kick

Louis' POV

The next day during club hours I turned to the squeals of excitement, coming from around Honey and Mori. Then I noticed Mori had Honey down on the couch. Why's this happening? It's not normal for those two.

Then I heard, "No more sweets Mitsukuni." Oh wow... He's got such a nice voice. But wait... Why can't Honey sempai have sweets?

Tamaki stood up, "Until Honey recovers from his toothache we ask that you refrain from having sweets in the club room." Honey was teary as Mori took away his slice of strawberry cake. Chasing Mori in hopes to get it back.

-----

Honey sulked in the corner of the club room as the club began. Apparently he had started trying really hard to get sweets. I kept hosting my guests as normal.

My new guest asked, "Hey umm... Mercier sempai why are you the odd type?" I rubbed the back of my neck. I've heard this question a lot.

I stated, "Well, you can call me Louis. I'm the odd type because... well..." I'm gay... I continued, "When it boils down to it, I'm not like the others. I'm not a prince that can sweep you off your feet nor am I strong or silent."

I sighed gently, "I'm myself and since Haruhi is natural, I was deemed odd." I'm never normal. I spaced out a little. I offered the ladies a smile.

Honey chimed, "I don't think you're that odd L-chan." The ladies peeked up smiling at Honey. One asked, "Why do you say that Honey sempai?"

He stated, "Well I mean as he said all L-chan has done is being himself. He's entertaining you ladies with it. He's not specifically odd, more like unique... I guess."

-----

After Honey flung Mori he dashed out of the club room. I followed him out. Honey's been the one to reassure me it's time to reassure him. Eventually Honey stopped and stared out a window.

I said, "Honey sempai." He didn't respond so I stated, "Honey." He turned to me tears rolling down his cheeks, "Takashi doesn't understand. A little won't hurt me."

I said, "It's okay honey. Let's go to the club room and hear him out." Honey ran down the hall back towards the club room. I followed behind him. I wonder if me and Lillie will be like this... A big fight? Nah, probably not.

I sighed and gently adjusted my blazer. I said, "I miss being able to love someone." I felt light tears begin to run down my face. I just lightly wiped them away and re entered the room.

-----The next week

I stared at the medical kit Kyoya had in his hand. I said, "Um... Why that one?" He said, "I have my reasons." I stared at him as he walked out the door, "Kyoya?" He just kept walking. I'm so confused by his actions.

Tamaki was hugging Haruhi in the club room. He proclaimed, "They just wished to spread my glory and beauty. But I hurt him! Why should such a blunder happen?! Have the heavens forsaken me?!" What in the world happened when I came inside to drink some water?!

I went over to the Twins, "Umm..." Hikaru said, "Yes?" I said, "What happened?" Kaoru said, "We were playing kick the can..." Hikaru continued, "And Tamaki ended up hitting the newspaper club president in the head."

I said, "So was it an accident?" They said in unison, "Yeah." I said, "What's going on now?" Hikaru stated, "They want to write an article on us."

I said, "Thats good, right?" Kaoru said, "Not really, they lie a lot." I nodded my head in understanding yet didn't fully agree. Cause how bad could these people be?

-----

I followed the guys to the newspaper clubs room. I got from behind the guys and Haruhi to see Kyoya grab a tape from the bottom of the box. Oh so that's why he wanted that one. He always thinks ahead. I wish I was like that.

Kyoya had a smirk. The newspaper president said, "T-that's nothing! Give it back!" Kyoya put it in his pocket, "I wonder what the newspaper companies would do with this audio?"

The newspaper club president hung his head, "What do you want from me?" Tamaki burst out, "Well you have an article to write about us." Those two are so different.

-----

'The Host Club-

The host club is the most popular club of our school. Causing ladies such joy, with all the bachelors in it. As seen in the photograph they love to involve Haruhi in the club. By playing commoner's games such a red light, green light.

[photo of red light, green light: Kyoya standing aside looking at the others. Honey moving towards the Tamaki stopped in a funny pose. Mori and Haruhi still at the starting line. The twins posed together in a hug. Tamaki pointing at people somewhat disgruntled. I stood leaned against a tree away from the others but still looking at them.]

Their dynamics compliment one another! That's why they make up the host club. Tamaki the king and Kyoya the shadow king. Mori and Honey the senpais all adore. The twins, Louis and Haruhi the younger ones..'

I said, "Guys it looks okay." Haruhi said, "At least they didn't say I was a commoner..." Then Hikaru turned to Kauro, "I wish our brotherly love was in the photo more!" He held Kauro gently against himself. Kauro softly said, "Me too, Hikaru."

Honey came up, "L-chan." I turned to him, "Yes?" He said, "Do you want to have some cake with me?" I smiled, "Yeah, sure."

Originally Posted - July 1, 2019
Most Recently Updated - July 10, 2019