Chapter 1: Right Decisions

Start from the beginning

Tasha admired how much Kim loved her daughters. Tasha always looked up to Kim because she set such a good example. She noticed how she always stayed strong and positive. Tasha seen everything Rebecca had been through. She wanted to do something nice for her so she asked her to come over for dinner next weekend.

Kim was over tasha house for a few hours and she had to get going. She hugged tasha goodbye and grabbed her girls to head out. She planned to take her girls to the mall and get some ice cream. She was brought both of her daughters three new outfits and some underclothes.

Her daughters were in need and she had to provide for them. She always made sure there hair was done and they dressed nice. It was hard for her to do everything but she didn't have a choice. No one knew how much they were struggling. She just did the best she could to care for them. Kim paid for there clothes and went to get them some ice cream.

At the ice cream shop Kim ordered and paid for vanilla and strawberry ice cream on a cone for her daughters. They all sat down and Rebecca daughter mia asked "why didn't you get ice cream mommy?" Kim and Aaliyah looked at each. "I don't want any ice cream, its just for you and Aaliyah." Kim responded back.

"But you love eating ice cream, its your favorite!," mia said.

"You don't understand sweetie, ill give you and your sister any and everything you want." Kim told her daughter.

As the kids were eating their ice cream a guy noticed Kim from a distance and approached her. "Hello my name is james, your a dental hygienist right?" james asked smiling.

"Yes, i am. I remember you from the office. Its nice to see you hear" Kim said shaking his hand.

"I told all my friends about you and the good work you do. One of my friends just moved back in town and i told him to schedule an appointment to see you." james said happy.

"Wow that's great, im glad that you referred him to me. Ill be glad to help your friend!" Kim said excited about the wonderful news he told her.

"Your daughters by the way are so beautiful, they look just like you!" james said giving a compliment.

"Awww thank you so much" Kim said.

By the time james and Kim finished talking, it was time for them to go. Kim and the girls went home and got ready for bed. Once the girls were sleep and Kim took a shower her phone rang.

She ignored the phone the first time but it kept ringing. After a while she just decided to pick up the phone.

"Hello what do you want from me?" Kim asked annoyed.

"Its derek i saw him and he literally keeps asking about you. I dont know what you want me to tell him or do." tasha said quickly.

"Remind him about the past..." Kim said.

"I did but people change you know, maybe its time to sit down and talk. You always taught me to forgive people freely from the heart." tasha said to Kim.

"Ill be mature adult i am but im not going to let anyone hurt my kids. " Kim said in a serious tone.

"I know your not but i think it would be nice of they had a father in their life. People change and everyone deserves another chance." Tasha said.

"Well see about that. You let me make the decisions about what i will allow." Rebecca said. After she said that she hung up the phone and went to sleep.

Kim kids went to a private school and they had to be there at 7:30 am every morning. She has to be at work at 8:00 am to get started with her patients. Kim was limited in what she could do and so was thinking about hiring a nanny to stay with her kids after school to earn more money. Her bills were getting higher and she had to do something about it. She had to pick her kids up from school at 3:30 pm.

Going into work today she put her best foot forward and worked hard. She made sure all her patients were taken care of. Her boss wanted to speak to her about something so they went into the office.

"Kim i am very thankful to have you working here. I have been trying your best but i think im going to have to cut your hours. The budget is tight and i think youll be better off working 9:30 am - 3:00 pm. You'll hourly rate will go up to $18 and if you further your education i can see you getting a better position. " Her boss jaila said smiling.

"Sure, thank you so much " i said smiling and walking out. I wasn't happy that much about the news because i needed all the hours i could get. I was highly considering moving to the south to find something better.

I worked hard until it was time for me to get the girls. I picked the girls up from school and went home. Soon as i got home i started looking for apartments and jobs in another state. I was tired of living here and i want to try something new.

Sunday Dinner

I wasn't in the mood to argue with anyone because i was tired. I wanted to go to this dinner and get it over with. I left the girls with the nanny because i didnt want them to be involved in this mess. Soon after i got off of work at my second job i went straight to tasha house.

I walked in and greeted everyone and sat down. Derek was staring at me the whole time. I was starting to feel a little nervous and i didn't make eye contact. Dinner was served and everyone was eating.

Derek asked "where are the girls at?"

"There at home somewhere safe." i responded back.

"Why didnt you bring them?" he asked

"I didnt want them to be involved in this situation until i know its safe. Plus they barely know who you are." Kim replied back.

"I know i was wrong for what i did in the past and im sorry Kim. I really sorry for leaving but i want to own up to my mistakes and make things better. I wanted you to know that. I was young and dumb." derek said sensually.

"Everybody makes mistakes and everyone should get along." tasha husband said.

"Especially for the children." tasha said agreeing.

"I just want to make things right, i know its probably hard for everyone." derek said.

" i just want to be there for the kids too, although i wasn't there when they were born. I can own up and help out." derek said.

Rebecca sat there in deep thought. She knew her kids needed a father and she knew they were in need. She agreed to give him a chance at being a father. They knew no one was perfect and everyone deserves a second chance.

They exchanged numbers and set up a time he could see him.