Bonus Chapter 2A

Sorry for disappearing, I guess? This book just slipped out of my mind for the longest time but surprised to see how many of you missed it. Happy Reading sweethearts, your love will be so appreciated.

✿ ✿ ✿

A A R A V

Life can be tough sometimes— so, so tough. But all of us have that moment where you feel that life is finally getting back to place, everything is finally settling down and that you'd find your peace again. I was going through that phase.

I was back to my family, to the people who loved me the most, to my twin, whom I could call my second half without any hesitation.

It was just my second week back in my home country and it all felt so amazing. I loved London in the start, but now that I'm back, I realise I've missed so much.

But most importantly, I've missed her. Who's her? She's—

"Aarav! You're lost again!" Myra shouted in my ears, breaking my chain of thoughts.

"And you're troubling me again! Don't you have a boyfriend to go to? Or are you sick of him in just a day?" I snapped back immediately and she rolled her eyes, settling on my bed like it was hers.

"I just came to tell you that Mum's calling you." She shrugged, before getting back to eating the pop tarts in her hand.

"And you came to tell me that all the way to my room?" I turned my chair to face her as I got up and stretched my arms. "What's your motive, haa? Water balloons on my face? Or is it the Holi colours?" I smirked.

She looked bored as she finally looked up. "What? No!" She sounded surprised. "Where did you even get that from? What are we, ten?" She chuckled.

I sighed. Looking at my baby sister so matured just made me realise all the responsibilities I was running away from. "You're right! We're not kids anymore," I nodded, moving out of my room.

We weren't kids anymore. And I hated that. I could trade anything to reverse time and make me a kid again, and there are so many things I'd do just right.

I walked out of my room, sighing when I felt something wet falling on me like a thunderstorm and before I could make out, I was wet from head to toe, water dripping from my hair and clothes.

I clenched my hands picking up the water balloon as my twin's laugh surrounded me. "MYRA!" I shouted pulling her and she ended up in the water too. I bet she hadn't expected this.

But she didn't stop laughing. And then I gave in too.

"I'm gonna seek revenge!" I told her when we were done laughing.

"Oh come, Aarav. I know you missed these too!" She laughed. Oh, I had. I had missed her and so many things about her, including these stupid pranks she plays on me and I always fall right into them.

Mom walked in on us, listening the noise with wide eyes. Uh oh, Myra was so gone.

"I win the bet, Mum! I told you Abeer would so fall for this!" Myra said as she laughed more and mum joined her.

"Well, you won. I'll take you shopping tomorrow and it's a cheat day. Happy?" Mom gave in as Myra yayed.

"Aren't you supposed to like shout at her for making the house dirty and wet?" I raised my eyebrows and mum nodded negatively casually. "I helped her set this up for you!" She accepted and I nodded my head in disbelief.