10. Falling Together

~•~

The moon split in half
and the stars crumbled
falling like fireworks into the sea.
I watched my world
fall apart,
the day my love decided to leave me.

~•~

Braced myself for the goodbye,
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then, you took me by surprise
You said, "I'll never leave you alone"
~Mine, Taylor Swift

N A N D I N I

"Are you okay?", Cabir asked as he dropped himself besides me on the floor and I wiped another silent tear as he wrapped his hand around me.

"Do you really expect me to be okay?" I laughed dryly as another tear slipped off my eye.

I couldn't pretend anymore. I was not okay, and I wanted to shout that. I wasn't the strong girl they expected me to be. I was weak emotionally, and this heart just cried for love.

"You need to freshen up, let's go home!" Cabir kissed my temple and I nodded negatively.

"He is the only Home I've ever known....", I sighed as a cold breeze passed by me, sending shivers down my spine and I hugged my knees to my chest tighter.

The lights of the ICU went off and the doors flew open. Cabir got up to welcome the doctor but I just closed my eyes tighter.

"He's no more...", were the words I never wanted to hear.

I just shut my eyes tighter and tighter wondering if that would help me disappear from there.

"He's out of coma...", the doctor smiled and my eyes snapped open as I stood to my feet.

Cabir closed his mouth with his palms as I stood numb.

"He's safe, though we will keep him under observation. Celebrate this children, it's nothing less than a miracle from God. We hope he will gain conscious soon....", the doctor patted Cabot's back. "We have to check him again after he receives consciousness, which might be in a few hours...".

"But.. doctor... we- we thought we had lost him. You said you couldn't get the pulses, yeh sab kaise-.....", Cabir asked smiling showing his thirty two teeth.

"Because until true love and God exists, Miracles also exist. His pulse level dropped very low and just when we thought he was dying, he rised from coma. He seems to be out of danger although nothing can be said about his internal injuries yet....", the doctor smiled. I let out a small cry.

Manik Malhotra will live. My Manik will live.

Yet again, it was proved that hopes do exist, scars do heal, and love does win.

"Nandini.....", Cabir cried as he turned to me and I looked at him with the same expression- shock and happiness.

"Manik will live....", he cried as I flung in his arms and he hid me in his embrace.

"Manik will live.....", I repeated to myself as I cried and smiled at the same time.

Nothing else made me happier than the fact that Manik will live, although his internal injuries are still not under check. Just like doctor said, if he gets paralysed, I'd still love him, I'd still marry him. Because that's the way I love him. And if he forgets me because of the memory loss, I will make him fall in love with him again. Because true love exists, and hope wins.