Chapter 1 Let's begin again

I didn't know what to do with my life anymore, it was falling apart piece by piece. I tried to catch them all and put it back together, but it crumbled at such a rapid rate that I gave up.

I didn't know what I was thinking, stabbing a girl like that. I ran a hand through my short pixie cut. My boyfriend, Tom Brenner has officially blocked me out of his life, and me, Sam Lanner, cannot bear with it.

I just thought- I just saw Kat there and knowing what she did to Tom last time, and the frustration of the previous relationship issues, I grabbed a knife and stabbed her.

Don't think it was easy because, hell, it wasn't. I stood up, my long shirt reaching the mid of my thighs, covering my shorts. I stumbled down my stairs, determined to do something with myself.

I couldn't cook, so, no.

I sure as heck ain't facing sunlight and outdoors, so, no outside.

I don't want to play with my annoying little brother, period, so, no.

I sighed as I reached my couch, opening Netfix. It was the last week until me, my best friends Ava, Max and Ruby, and my ex Tom, graduated high school.

I flicked through my recently watched and went to Shadowhunters, a new episode came out today, and I think it is the only thing that can make me happy. That is, aside from my books, but I have been reading for six hours straight already.

So, I sat through another forty minuets of an episode, getting me hyped for about an hour. Anything involving Shadowhunters makes me happy, it just has to.

I couldn't think of anything better to do, so, after the episode came to an end, I scrolled to The Umbrella Academy. You see, my brother is only nine, and this show is MA15+. My mum said I could watch it, obviously, I am eighteen, but I had to be cautious of my brother.

"Hey Sam," of course, Peter came waddling into the lounge room. I instantly hit the pause button, glaring at him. "Can I have the X-box now?" He whined.

I looked back at the TV, finger poised over the play button. "Get out, I am watching my show, and you didn't use your manners."

He huffed, "that's not fair!"

"Oh?" I looked over at him, getting fed up. "It is completely fair, you know the rules, no manners, no rewards, now please, get out you can't watch this."

Peter looked at the screen, seeing Cha-Cha in a creepy looking pink dog mask, holding a gun aimed to shoot. A wicked grin spread across his face, "this looks good," he admitted, staying put.

"Peter, get out," I warned.

He put his hands on his hips, "Whatcha gonna do about it?" He said in a mocking tone.

"I'll get mum," I said simply, he winced, but kept his feet grounded. I stood up, about to usher him out the door. Just when I was a foot from the little barstard, he zoomed past me and planted himself on the couch, laughing.

I sighed, "fine, you win, just- just let me sign out of Netflix," I walked over, using the remote to put our TV back onto the main screen. I turned around, hearing Peters X-box starting.

With one last look, I closed the door behind me, thinking of another thing to do. I had gotten used to Peter taking up my time, the world evolves around him and inly him.

At least Miss Paragin isn't annoying you.

I thought this to myself as I walked back to my room. I just hoped she wasn't giving Tom any trouble. After all the mess with Athena, I really don't care anymore, I just want him to forgive me.