Chapter 4 : Love Triangle!

Start from the beginning

"Um, no. He's just a good friend that's all," I stated matter-of-fact-ly.

"Your blushing! Don't lie to me Maka Albarn! Tell me the truth. Do you like him or not?" She said inching closer to me, eager to know.

"I-I don't r-really kn-know..." I stuttered quietly, hoping she didn't hear me. But sadly, my attempts failed.

"HAHAHAHA! I told you! THE WAY YOU'RE ACTING IS PROOF THAT YOU LIKE KID!" She stood up and did a little victory dance. I scoffed at her. Sure, maybe I did like Kid, a little, but I think I have more of a crush on Soul. He likes me, I know that for sure. He confessed to me a few months ago.

The thing is, it didn't make our partnership weird and unstable, but it made it stronger. I did start to think that we were going to be together... until now.

"But... but I like Soul! And he likes me too! I can't afford to think about Kid if I've got Soul," I asked.

"Well, you've got to stop being pretty. Having two boys like you at once will result in a love triangle," she said. I blushed. I'm not that pretty, I thought.

♥︎

End of Flashback

"I've got to talk to you," Kid said as he pulled me into an unoccupied hospital room. Before I was in the room I caught a glimpse at Soul. He was staring daggers at Kid, and I felt a pang of guilt hit my right in the chest.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked as soon as Kid closed the door behind us. I sat on a chair while Kid sat on a patient bed.

"Lucy... She's a witch... isn't she?" He asked. I hesitated, pondering if I should tell him the truth. Reluctantly, nodded but then quickly shook my head no, remembering what that boy, Natsu, had told me.

"She isn't a witch. She's a mage. Apparently mages are magic users that most of them use for good. There are some mages that do bad things," I explained.

"Ok, then what kind of soul does she have?"

"I don't actually know. When I look at her soul, it doesn't show a weapon's, witch's, meister's, or even a regular human's soul. All it shows is a black, broken heart. But when I looked into her friend, Natsu's heart, it showed fire," I explained.

"Oh, that is weird. I read this book that explained the world of meisters, weapons, witches, regular humans, and those of the magic world. Actually we live on separate sections of the world. The two sides are similar... yet different. It's odd, really," He said, recalling on his memory.

"Oh, well-" I was cut off by how he continued to talk.

"There's something called 'The Rift.' It's some kind of border that separates our world and their world. People don't usually see it, but if you have some kind of... business to attend to on the other side, The Rift will let you through. It's as if its alive and a living thing! But, The Rift can only work on days that the moon is full, or when the sun is in it's highest peak."

"Really? That would explain how I was lost when I was bringing Lucy back. So there's no other way in or out of The Rift?"

"Well, there's actually this person who takes you across, but he's really similar to a Kishin. He'll only guide you through if you gave him a mage's head or a human soul. Sometimes, you can give him strawberry cheesecake, because that's his favorite. But that rarely happens." Cheesecake? Wow, that guy is weird.

"Okay, so what's his name?"

"The Devourer of Souls." I slightly flinched. I have heard that name before. He's a master killer. No one knew if he was a weapon or a meister. But we just guessed that he was a weapon because, he ate all the victims' souls. But strangely enough, he disappeared around the time Asura was resurrected. I stayed quiet, and he did too. Everything became awkward. Why? I don't know. Wait, this is my chance! I can ask him if he likes me or not! And if he does, I'll turn him down. Soul is the perfect guy for me. And if I said no to him, our partnership might as well be ruined.

"Kid?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something... really important?"

"Sure."

I couldn't help but blush as I asked this question. "D-do you, m-mayb-be p-probably, l-like me?" I asked. The hole in my skirt was suddenly fascinating!

"Umm, yeah. What about you? Do you like me?" He asked so calm and collected. I didn't want to break his heart, but that's the only way I can stop liking Kid. I looked up at him and gave him a straight face.

"No." He deadpanned.

"Wha-what? But Liz said you liked me! How could she be wrong in her powers of love? I'm such a fool! Of course you don't like me! Who would like an idiot who's asymmetrical? Why! Why! Why!" Kid said while on his knees and pounding the floor with his fist.

"Kid, calm down. I did like you, but now. I think I like someone else," I said thinking of Soul. He looked up at me and I flashed him a smile. Suddenly all his sadness faded from his face.

"Okay, we've got to get out of here. They're probably wondering where we've gone to," I said and opened the door. But as I opened the door, I found Liz and Pattie trying to overhear our conversation.

"Oh, hehe... Hey guys. We were just, uhhh... Trying to... find the bathroom. Yeah! Pattie had to go really bad so, uhh, see ya later!" Liz yelled in between nervous laughs, and ran off. I looked at Soul and looked relieved. Wait, did he hear us talking too?

♥︎

Okay! I'm done. Please review and click that follow/favorite button. I hoped you liked it. See you later!

Oh, btw. Let's play a game! Comment what your last "copy and paste" was down below!

Mine is

"ιт ∂σєѕи'т мαттєя нσω 'gσσ∂' уσυ нανє ιт, ∂єρяєѕѕισи мαкєѕ єνєяутнιиg ѕєєм
ρσιитℓєѕѕ αи∂ нσρєℓєѕѕ„

Wow... deep feels man. lol bye!

Love, Animelova2001