Nine: Aleumdaun Kkoch (아름다운 꽃)

Start from the beginning

You didn't want to have deeper feelings for the prince, which was partly due to your irritation about him already being wed, but mainly because you were scared. Scared of rejection, losing your purity, or the prince just wanted to use you for a single night of pleasure. That might be what he wanted, you didn't know him so it very well could be.

So you sulked alone and unsuccessfully tried to suppress your emotions.

"How did I know you'd be back here?' a cheerful voice suddenly chirps from behind you.

You just sigh in reply, already knowing who it was.

"Aww, darling," Jimin complained, spinning you manually on the stone you are sitting on, "Please talk to me. I even brought someone to cheer you up."

The sunshine smile beside Jimin nearly blinds you.

"Hello, Princess!" Prince Hoseok greeted you happily.

"Hello, your highness," you replied in surprise.

"Please, call me Hoseok," he beamed.

"Of course, Hoseok," you repeated sweetly.

"Now tell us what's wrong, dear," Jimin continues as he and Hoseok settle down on the grass in front of you.

"Nothing," you shrug.

"It's about the feast isn't it?" the shorter brother sighed, "About how our father introduced our wives?"

You pursed your lips, "No."

Jimin sighed, "I understand the way marriage works here is different from where you come from, but you have to know—"

The younger was interrupted by Hoseok's loud laugh. Both you and Jimin looked at the peppy prince in confusion.

"Please forgive my dim brother, Princess," the older chuckles while wiping a tear from his eye, "He isn't the smartest of us."

Jimin's jaw dropped in offence, dispite the fact that he indeeddidn'tknow what his brother was talking about. You looked between the two, still puzzled.

"Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your meaning..." you say as respectfully as possible.

"Yeah!" Jimin added childishly, his tiny fist clenched up angrily.

Hoseok rolled his eyes at his younger brother before sending a sly smirk your direction. A smirk which you disliked immensely. It made you think he knew something you wish he didn't.

"What is mean is you obviously care lessabout the multiple marriages, and more about whois married."

Your eyes widened in worry because this seemingly sweet prince, now you know better, was on the right track. Maybe he just has an assumption, but doesn't know who it is—

"Its Seokjin, right?"

Now it was your turn for your jaw to drop, completely dumbfounded. Were you really being so transparent this whole time?

"W-Wha...?" was all you managed to stutter out.

"Huh!?" Jimin screamed in disbelief.

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Hoseok chuckled, "It was easy to tell how smitten you were with him at first sight."

You were completely mortified now. Did everyone know? Did Prince Seokjin know?!

"Oh, God," you whined as you placed your face in your palms, "This is so embarrassing!"

"Woah," the older prince placed his hand gently on your shoulder to calm you, "I mean, it's not like Seokjin is being subtle either."

You paused and looked up at him, "Seokjin?"