16

"Hey, Sherlock how's it going over at Yale?"

"Yale's good. Same old, same old, drinking, partying, shagging, the list goes on."

"Ah I see. Typical Finn behaviour then."

"Pretty much. Listen I want to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"What do you think about going away for spring break, just the two of us?"

"I think it sounds fun. Where'd you wanna go?"

"How about Martha's vineyard? My family has a place out there, they only use it in summer, but not since I went to college, and it's supposed to be really romantic and peaceful."

"I know, I went there with my grandparents in the summer."

"Right, so, you and me? Martha's vineyard?"

"Let's do it. I haven't got a better offer."

"Great, listen there's something else."

"Are you breaking up with me? Is there another girl? It's Finn, isn't it? I knew there was something more to that weekend in Maine." I joked, in mock outrage.

"No, nothing like that babe. It's just, well I've met your grandparents and I'm gonna meet your other grandparents, so I kinda want you to meet my parents."

"Whoa, hold up. Dinner with the dark Lord and Lady? Is it my funeral? Am I gonna die? Are you gonna die? Please don't die, I don't know what I'd do."

"No it's fine, no one's dying."

"Great, because I was joking."

"Really?"

"Logan, I'm an actress. I kinda know some stuff."

"Yeah right. Anyway, dinner with the Huntzberger family? Honor's bringing her boyfriend too, but I think you'll be the centre of attention."

"Oh joy. Any other family members I don't know about? Do you have an Aunt Totsie?"

"An Aunt Whosie?"

"Long story, anyway, of course I'll meet your parents Logan. I love you, and love includes making sacrifices."

"Ok, cool. I'll pick you up at 7 on Friday?"

"Whoa, hold up. Friday?! That's 2 days away. And I have dinner."

"I'm sure your grandparents wouldn't have a problem with you missing dinner just this once. Especially to meet Mitchum and Shira Huntzberger, the very top of Hartford society."

"Ugh, I hate when you use your family against mine. But fine. I'm getting ready at your place though. We'll do our usual Friday arrangement, head back to yours and get ready."

"Alright then."

"See you Friday, Huntzberger."

I ended the call and went back to my algebra problem. A few minutes later I had just figured out the value of x when my phone rang again.

"Sierra Gilmore."

"Hey, it's me again."

"You? How am I supposed to cheat on you when you keep calling me?"

"Well believe me, I am terribly sorry to interrupt your cheating. Anyway, Honor texted and said she wants us to meet her and Josh for coffee before the dinner."

"Oh, so there's a pre-dinner coffee. This must be big."

"Yeah, so what say you, we skip the normal hangout, head straight back to mine, have coffee around 4.30, get ready, then go to dinner at 7?"