Chapter 15: I know.

"Lance?"

"Hey Pidge.." Lance walks up to his friend. He had decided to train again and he already suspended Pidge or Hunk to be here at the beach. He was right.. He saw Pidge from the distance and walked to her.

Pidge is quiet for a moment. And then she says. "You motherfucker." She slaps Lance on the head. "Where were you this week! I called you a thousand times! Hunk didn't tell me anything! Keith didn't know anything, how could he not know anything!"

Lance holds his head in pain. "Sorry sorry.."

"You better be asshole!" Pidge continues punching her friend. She won't admit that she was worried.. but she was. "You better tell me what happened!"

"Okay okay!" Lance looks down towards the sand beneath his feet as he finds the courage to tell Pidge, but he knows he will need to do it. Pidge waits for a explanation and after a moment Lance gives her that. "Allura broke up with me.."

"Wait what?" Pidge is a bit in shock and grows quiet.

Lance crosses his arms.. he feels the sadness he thought had become less come back. "Yeah.. you heard me. Allura the girl I really liked broke up with me."

"I'm so sorry Lance.."

"Don't be.. I should have seen it coming." Lance takes a deep breath. "But yeah I was out for a couple days. It is time for me to come back and train."

Pidge is confused why Lance said he should have expected it. But maybe she shouldn't ask about it now. It seems to be a sensitive subject."Lance if you need more days off then that is fine."

Lance shakes his head. "No no.. It's okay. I need to train for the championships."

"Yeah but.."

"I need to Pidge. It will calm me down too. I love being in the water. And if I don't train now I will never be good enough." Lance picks up his surfboard and walks towards the water. Lance thinks the water feels nice against his body, he missed this. Pidge looks at Lance.. she has never seen him like this. Lance is always cheerful, even when he was with Allura and wasn't himself he was still more cheerful than this. But for some reason it feels different to when Lance is heartbroken, he has been heartbroken a whole lot before. He was always telling them he wants the girl back and how he will never find someone better. No now Lance said he should have expected it.

Weird?

"Lance are you sure you are okay?" Pidge walks into the water with her surfboard as well.

"I am.." Lance gives her a small smile."Allura and I didn't end things a bad way.. We will still be friends."

"Are you sure? It must become really awkward."

"Oh yeah.. it will be for some time for sure. But it will be fine." Lance says as he sits down on his board.

"Who know about it?" Pidge asks.

"I told Hunk first. And Keith found out yesterday. He broke into my house.. that bastard." Lance narrows his eyes thinking about how Keith entered his house without asking. Not that he isn't grateful that he did. "But.. well er talked and it was really nice that he was there."

"Now I think of it.. I haven't heard a lot of Allura too. But she did react to a couple of text messages. Not at the ones asking about you though, but now I know why."

"Yeah.." Lance takes a deep breath. He can smell the ocean.. the wind is going through his hair. He feels himself calming down immediately. "I'm sorry for not calling you Pidge. You did deserve to know."

Pidge shrugs her shoulders. "Hey I get it.. You don't have to apologize. You didn't even tell Keith and you two are really close."

Lance smiles at her. "Lets to catch some waves okay?"