Chapter 35 - The set-up

Mila's POV

I kissed Joshua's cheek and stroked his silky brown hair.

"Mommy will miss you, my boy." I said softly.

Today I was going to Italy. I had a meeting there. My father asked me to attend the meeting instead of him, because he caught the flu.

I kissed my boy's forehead and gave him to my mother. After saying goodbye, I left.

As soon as I got on our private jet, the flight attendant greeted me, giving me a polite smile.

I unbuckled my belt as the jet took off. I leaned my head back against the seat, closing my eyes after taking a sip from my orange juice.

Suddenly, I felt the footsteps approaching me. I opened my eyes after informing the flight assistant that I didn't want anything else. As soon as I saw who was standing beside me, my eyes widened in surprise.

"Tristan?" I mumbled, puzzled as I stood up abruptly. "What are you doing here?" I snapped, clenching my fist.

"Now you can not run away from me." He commented arrogantly as he put his hand into his pocket. "And there isn't any door that you can slam in my face." He added playfully. I rolled my eyes.

"Natalia!" I shouted, calling the flight attendant while looking into Tristan's eyes. He gave me a perplexed look.

"Yes, Ms.Parker?"

"Tell the pilot to turn back." I demanded. Tristan sighed sadly.

"I am sorry, Ms.Parker, but Mr.Parker gave us the order that we didn't turn back any matter what would happen." She informed, giving me an apologetic look and left.

"What?!" I exclaimed. Tristan gave me a cocky grin.

So my father had planned it. How could he do it to me?! I clenched my fist in frustration.

"Please, Mila. We need to talk." He gave me a begging look.

I frowned and sat down. "Like I have another choice." I commented bitterly. "Say what you want. I am bored with this." I added dryly.

He took a deep breath and sat on the seat opposite me. He entwined his hands nervously.

"Mila, I know you are angry at me, but do you think it was easy for me?" He asked sadly. I averted my gaze. He sighed and continued. "When my mother told me that Daniel Parker was my biological father, my world collapsed. The woman who I desperately loved was my half-sister. It looked like a nightmare. Moreover, when I thought that we...made love, I felt...disgusting." He gave me a mournful look.

I bit my lower lip, looking at him. I could guess what he had felt because even he told me about it now after everything had got cleared, he felt uncomfortable and sad.

"Then I decided to break up with you. But it was the hardest thing for me. As if staying away from you wasn't enough, seeing your disappointed and hatred look made my heart sink." He confessed and clenched his fist as sadness crossed his features. He breathed deeply and shook his head. "Do you know how I felt while seeing you in your wedding gown beside that prick?" He looked into my eyes, full of pain in his eyes.

"You...you were there?" I asked, dumbfounded.

He nodded. "Yes, I was watching you. It has been the most painful moment in my life." He admitted.

Oh my goodness! So after seeing me getting married, he decided....to commit suicide. How hard it was for him to bear that he tried....kill himself.

"Tristan..." I mumbled, giving him a sad look as tears shimmered in my eyes. "I felt bad when I heard you were in the hospital." I murmured, trying to hold my tears back. My voice was barely audible.

"I know. Cody told me about it and...how my mother treated you. I am sorry." He gave an apologetic look.

"I understood her now." I admitted.

He took a deep breath and stood up. He approached me and extended his hand towards me. I took his hand as I stood up.

"I wished everything was different. I didn't break your heart, and you didn't be...his wife." He confessed with a sad expression on his face and cupped my cheek. "I pushed you to him. I am sorry." He added, giving me a sorry look.

"I got married to Lucas because of my pregnancy. I came to tell you on your birthday, but...." I shook my head without finishing my sentence as the scenes from that awful night flashed in my mind.

"I am sorry. I planned it to keep you away from me. I couldn't tell you the real reason after we... So it was the only choice. Naomi was Cody's friend. I asked her to pretend to be my girlfriend." He confessed. I looked at him, surprised.

"Umm...Lucas and I...."

He put his finger on my lips, stopping me. "But it isn't important...I don't want to hear his name coming from your mouth. I want to forget that awful part." He admitted, stroking my cheek affectionately.

I smiled as I grabbed his hand and placed a soft kiss on his palm. "I love you, Tristan. I never stopped to love you. Never! As much as I tried to forget you, I failed. I just love you no one else." I confirmed. He gave me a bright smile. "And my heart, my soul...my body, all of me are yours. Just you! You are the only man who I belonged to, belong and will belong." I admitted, holding his hand between my hands while looking into his eyes. He gave me a confused look. I smiled and continued. "We...Lucas and I were never a real wife and husband." He raised his eyebrow in astonishment. "We stayed in different rooms. Yes....I tried to...give our marriage a chance after I had heard your mother's conversation that you were going to marry Daphne." I paused and sighed. "But I couldn't do it while I love you." I admitted.

He gave me a tender smile and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and buried my head in the hollow of his neck.

Oh my goodness! How much I missed this man! Now I feel home. In his arms, in my happy place.

"I love you, Mila. I love you, my Mila, my heart, my love, my woman." He admitted, cupping my cheeks as tears ran down his cheeks.

"I love you too, Tristan." I said, crying.

He smiled and brushed his lips against mine as he pulled me closer to him by wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I responded to his delicate kiss.