Chapter 26 - Cursed

Tristan's POV

"Thank you, Tristan." Paola interrupted my thoughts as she approached me.

"Umm...no problem." I mumbled.

"It is incredible. Joshua always cries when an unfamiliar person holds him, but he is so calm in your arms." Paola commented, stroking Joshua's head softly. "He likes you." She added, giving me a warm smile.

I smiled and looked at Joshua who was nuzzling up against my chest.

"I like you too, little munchkin." I cooed him and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

****

I was laying on my bed, leaning against the headboard, lost in my thoughts.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, interrupting my thoughts.

"Come in."

The door opened and Cody walked in.

"What happened, dude?" Cody asked, giving me a questioning look as he approached me.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "Today I saw my nephew." I informed.

"What! It is a total lie. She is lying." He said hotly and started pacing back and forth in the room. I looked at him, puzzled. "I always use a condom. I swear it isn't mine. I want a DNA test." He stated, horrified as he ran his hand through his hair nervously.

I rolled my eyes in disbelief. "I mean Mila's son." I explained.

"Oh..." He sighed, relieved. "Fuck, Tristan! You almost gave me a heart attack." He confessed and sat down on the couch. I shook my head, amused. "And?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

"He is cute." I shrugged my shoulders and gave him a sad smile.

"You are cursed. It is because of the women whose hearts you broke." He commented, amused.

"Cody, don't talk bullshit!" I exclaimed, giving him a dirty look.

"Holy shit!" He exclaimed in horror.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"Olga and Natasha. They cursed us." He replied with a serious expression.

"What?!" I asked mockingly and rolled my eyes.

"Don't you remember those twins? We made a bet on who would sleep with one of them first. Then when they found out about it, they cursed us, telling us we would burn in hell. They put a curse on us. Fuck!" He ran his hand through his hair nervously. I narrowed my eyes at him in amusement. "You screwed up. It is my turn now."

"Cody! You are talking bullshit." I commented, shaking my head with an annoyed expression.

"Are you sure? Maybe it has affected you before me because you started playing around two years earlier than me. And your victims more than me. So after you, it will be me." He said, panicked and grimaced.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Cody and his unlimited imagination.

"Dad! Dad, do you have a secret daughter? Please, tell me. It is a matter of life, Dad?" He shouted in panic while storming out.

"Cody!" I called him, laughing.

My little annoying brother. Even in this state, he made me laugh.

Mila's POV

I was having dinner with Jenna at the restaurant.

Suddenly, Jenna's expression changed as she was looking behind me.

"What happened?" I asked in curiosity and turned around to look where she was looking.

I froze as I saw Tristan walking in. When he looked at me, our eyes met. He was looking into my eyes, sadness in his eyes.

I traveled my gaze from him to a girl beside him. She was so beautiful; she had hazel eyes, blond hair. She wore a cream mini dress, showing her curves. She looked like a model.

I clenched my fist as she placed her hand on his arm, showing Tristan her white teeth and told him something. Tristan nodded, still looking at me.

I gave him a sad look and turned around. I folded my arms over my chest angrily. Seeing him with another woman made my heart sink. I felt so jealous.

Ugh! Why can't I forget him? Why does my heart beat like crazy every time I see him? I can give everything to forget him. But it was impossible. How much I have tried to forget him, I failed again and again. He got under my skin.

Jenna gave me a sorry look. I averted my gaze.

I was picking at my food while Jenna was telling me about her boyfriend. But my mind was elsewhere. I couldn't stop myself from thinking of the man a few tables away from us. I didn't look at him nor the girl beside him, but I felt his gaze on me.

Don't look at him! Ignore him!

I sighed, depressed and looked at him. My eyes met with his beautiful eyes.

Suddenly, the girl placed her hand on top of his hand as she told him something. He broke our eye contact as he gave her a half smile and nodded.

I breathed deeply as I averted my gaze. I couldn't bear to see them anymore.

"Jenna, could we leave? I want to see Joshua before he falls asleep." I said.

"Sure. Let's go." She gave me a warm smile.

****

Today I was going to Melanie's baby shower. She was a daughter of our family friend. I knew her as well. My mother was coming too.

I parked my car in front of the venue and got out of the car as I grabbed the gift.

I was listening to my mother and Melanie's conversation. I wasn't in the mood to chat nor have fun. I couldn't still get Tristan and that girl out of my mind.

My heart tightened as I saw Tristan's mother walking in with the same girl who was beside Tristan at the restaurant. She gave her a warm smile as she walked towards Melanie's mother. They looked so close. And it was obvious that his mother liked her so much.

"Excuse me." I said and went to the restroom.

I leaned my hands on the sink counter, looking down. The painful scenes from the past flashed on my mind. Tears shimmered in my eyes.

Calm down, Mila. I whispered with my inner voice.

I breathed deeply and turned on the water. I washed my hands and placed them on my neck, looking at myself in the mirror. I sighed, shaking my head and left.

I needed some alcohol, but I still breastfed Joshua. So I couldn't drink any alcohol. I sighed and went towards the table to grab a glass of orange juice.

Suddenly, I heard Tristan's mother's conversation with a woman.

"How is it going between Tristan and Daphne?" The woman asked in curiosity.

As I heard Tristan's name, my heart skipped a beat. So her name was Daphne.

"I hope the next baby shower will be Daphne's." Claudia commented hopefully.

What?....Is she....