Chapter 3 - Persuasion

Mila's POV

As I left our company, I saw Tristan in front of the building, leaning against his black Lamborghini. When he saw me, he straightened, giving me his signature smirk. I frowned and approached him.

Tristan had been following me the last three weeks. Where I went, he appeared there a few minutes later. I couldn't understand how he knew where I was. He invited me to watch a movie, have dinner and go to a concert. I always declined the invitations, but he didn't give up.

"Before you ask, I will answer. No. I will not go to have dinner with you." I informed confidently.

"How about breakfast tomorrow, then?" He asked, giving me a mischievous grin.

"No!" I replied.

"Lunch?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed. "No! I will not go to have breakfast, lunch, dinner with you." I declared.

"Why?" He asked as he took a step towards me, plunging his eyes into mine.

"I don't want to be one of your conquests who you fuck and sneak out the following morning without even waiting for her to wake up." I responded bitterly.

He burst out laughing. "Baby, who scared you?" He asked with a devilish smirk on his face.

"No one! Let's say I was enlightened." I replied, giving him a sarcastic smile.

He raised his eyebrow. "Baby, you are special. Don't compare yourself to others." He commented huskily as he leaned towards me and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear. His breath fanned my neck, sending shivers down my spine. My legs turned into jello. Every time he was beside me, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't think straight beside him. I hated his effect on me.

I pulled back, putting some distance between us and gave him a sly smirk as I asked. "Always the same tune? You are special blah blah. Did it work every time when you want to get a girl into your bed?"

He laughed heartily. "Actually, when I want to get a girl into my bed, I just say let's go somewhere quieter." He replied nonchalantly. "But most of the time, they suggest it to me." He added arrogantly and shrugged his shoulders.

I looked at him, dumbfounded, my mouth agape. What was I thinking?! Of course, it is predictable why girls are ready to jump on him. He is freaking handsome.

Get a grip, Mila! Don't get into his trap. Don't forget he has a PhD in seduction.

"Then good luck to you with your brainless conquests!" I said bitterly and walked towards my car in quick steps.

****

After working out at the gym, I left while sending a message to my second cousin, Elva. When I walked out of the changing room, I saw Tristan waiting for me in the hallway, his hands in his pockets. He wore a black shirt and blue denim jeans. He looked so handsome as always.

"You again?" I frowned.

"Did you wait for someone else?" He teased, raising his eyebrow playfully.

"Do you always persist this much? You convince going on a date by cloying?" I asked mockingly.

"No, because I have never chased anyone before. You are the first. I told you." He confessed and gave me a charming grin.

"Lucky me!" I mocked, rolling my eyes.

"Yes, you are." He said arrogantly.

I gritted my teeth, annoyed. "You are so arrogant." I commented.

"Don't judge anyone without knowing them." He commented, looking into my eyes. I bit my lower lip, averting my gaze. "So will you have dinner with me?" He asked hopefully and gave me a boyish smile.

"No." I replied hotly.

"Why?" He pouted childishly, feeling upset.

"Because I can." I grinned.

He rolled his eyes. "Baby, I always get what I want. Don't forget it." He said seductively and left without letting me say anything.

After walking a little, he turned around and winked at me. He put on his black sunglasses in an arrogant air and continued walking. I smiled, amused and shook my head.

***

I rubbed my eye, stretching out. I smiled happily and grabbed my phone. Every morning Tristan sent me good morning texts, and at nights, he wished me sweet dreams. As soon as I looked at my phone, the screen lightened instantly as his name flashed on the screen. I grinned happily and read the message.

Good morning, baby. Did you see me in your dreams?

I shook my head, amused and grinned sheepishly while staring at the screen.

Ugh! What is with you, Mila?!

I didn't know how he managed, but he got me used to seeing him every day. Every day I woke up, excited, hoping to see him.

I got up and went to have a shower. After taking a shower, I wrapped the towel around my body and went to the walk-in closet. I grabbed a yellow dress and looked at it, thinking. It looked so flashy. I threw it onto the stylish grey ottoman in the middle of the walk-in closet and took a beige dress. I held it in front of me and looked at myself in the mirror. I frowned and threw it beside the blue dress. It looked so ordinary. I took a deep breath.

Calm down, Mila. Why are you excited? Because you want to look beautiful when Tristan sees you. I frowned.

Don't forget he is an incorrigible playboy.

I took a deep breath and grabbed an ash grey mini wrap dress. Once I got ready, I grabbed my bag and left.

I couldn't concentrate on work. My mind was elsewhere.

Don't fool yourself, Mila! You are thinking about Tristan. That damn playboy.

Ugh! But when he gives me his irresistible smile, I forget about everything.

I frowned as I grabbed my bag and went to have lunch.

When I left the company, I saw Tristan in front of the building, leaning against his car, his hands in his pockets. He straightened as he took off his black sunglasses and gave me his signature smirk.

My heart was pounding like crazy. I cleared my throat, trying to hide my happiness and approached him.

"When will you give up?" I asked with a serious expression.

"Umm..." He pretended to think." Never." He replied and gave me a boyish grin. I rolled my eyes.

"You can not trap me with your charm and expert ways. You can not get me into your bed." I stated.

"Baby, I want you in my life not just in my bed." He replied seriously and emphasized the word just. I narrowed my eyes. He ignored my expression and continued. "If I just wanted to get you into my bed, you would already be mine." He said huskily, looking into my eyes with lustful eyes. "And remember your words when you beg me to take you." He added huskily, standing so close to me. There were a few inches between our lips. I gulped, looking into his eyes as I suddenly felt so hot. He gave me an arrogant smirk as he put on his sunglasses and got in his car.