Chapter 15 - Shattered hearts

Mila's POV

I looked at them, stunned as Tristan started kissing this girl.

Suddenly, my head spun. I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. Without waiting for a second, I rushed out while tears kept running down my cheeks.

I placed my hand on my chest, leaning against the wall for support as soon as I walked out of the nightclub. My legs were weak. I breathed deeply, trying to calm down. My head was still spinning.

"Are you okay, Mila?"

I lifted my head up as I heard Cody's voice. But I couldn't answer him, I still felt bad.

"I will call Tristan." He said anxiously, placing his hand on my back and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"No!" I exclaimed, stopping him by grabbing his wrist. "Don't! I am fine. Could you call me a taxi, please?" I mumbled.

He looked at me, unconvinced while thinking. "But..."

"Please." I gave him a begging look.

He sighed. "Ok, then I will take you home." He said firmly.

"No, Cody. Thank you, but you should stay at your brother's birthday party." I commented.

"You have two options; either I will call Tristan, or I will take you home." He declared firmly.

I knew very well how stubborn Cody was. So I decided to choose the second opinion. I didn't want to see Tristan's face again. I hated him. He scattered my heart into a billion pieces over and over.

I sighed."Ok. Drop me off home." I mumbled.

He nodded, giving me a sympathetic smile and helped me to get in his car.

Tristan's POV

I was sipping my whiskey, lost in my thoughts. I couldn't get Mila out of my mind. It had been a week since my birthday. My heart sank every time I remembered her expression when I told her those awful words and kissed Naomi in front of her eyes.

"Tristan?" Greg called me, interrupting my thoughts as he approached me."I knocked on the door, but you didn't hear it."

"Sorry. My mind was somewhere else." I mumbled and took a sip from my drink.

He sighed and sat down on a vacant chair next to the desk.

"Your mother told me about....Mila. How are you?" He asked, giving me a compassionate look.

I breathed deeply. "Angry, sad, devastated and disgusting." I admitted.

"Tristan, I am sorry." He said sadly.

"You know I always wished you were my real father." I confessed, looking into his eyes. He looked at me, surprised."When you played with Cody and me, when you hugged us. But now...I want it more than before." I confirmed, shaking my head, giving him a sad smile.

"Tristan." He said softly, giving me a sympathetic look. "It doesn't matter if there is a blood relation between us or not. You are my son. Nothing could change it." He stated honestly, looking into my eyes.

"I know. You never made me feel opposite." I confirmed, giving him a lazy smile.

"When I held you in my arms the first time after your birth, I felt a special bond with you." He stood up and approached me. I placed my glass down on the desk and stood up while listening to him attentively."Then I wasn't even married to your mother. When you wrapped your little fingers around my thumb, grabbing it as tightly as you could, when you called me Dad the first time. I promised myself that I would always be beside this little man and protect him at all cost. I love you, Tristan, my son." He said honestly as his eyes welled up.

"Dad." I gave him a grateful look and hugged him tightly.

"This old man loves you, boy. Don't forget it." He stated honestly, tapping my back while hugging me. "And I will always be beside you when you need me." He added.

"Thank you, Dad. I know." I gave him a grateful look.

I parked my car faraway from Mila's family company. I had been watching her faraway every day. I felt like a creepy stalker, but I couldn't hold myself. I missed her so much. I couldn't stay without seeing her. I knew she was my sister; I should stay away from her. But I couldn't help myself.

I don't approach her. So it isn't a bad thing. I just watch her from afar. I said with my inner voice, trying to ease my conscience.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw Mila leaving the company. She wore a cream midi dress. She looked gloomy. Her face was pale. Didn't she eat anything? She looked like she was about to faint.

I tightened my grip around the steering wheel. It was my fault because of me she was heartbroken.

She got in her car and started driving. I started the car as well and started following her car.

Yes, Tristan, you are officially a stalker!

She stopped the car in front of the cafe. She got out of the car and walked into the cafe.

I clenched my teeth as I saw Lucas giving her a wide smile. After hugging each other, they sat down.

I hated that bastard. Probably, he was on cloud nine as he heard Mila and I broke up. As I was out of the picture now, he would never leave her side for a second, taking advantage of it. He didn't waste time before starting chasing my girl...Mila. While she was ordering something for herself, that bastard was ogling Mila like he was going to eat her with his eyes.

Fuck! I hate that bastard.

I was holding myself hard not to barge in the cafe and drag Mila out of there with me. But I was sure that she would get mad if I did it.

After spending some time, finally, Mila left the cafe. That clingy bastard accompanied her towards her car. I gritted my teeth while watching them. When she was about to get in her car, he grabbed her arm, stopping her and told her something, giving her a wide smile. She smiled at him while listening to that idiot attentively.

Fuck off, clingy bastard!

I wanted to strangle his neck. What an opportunist!

A few minutes later, she got in her car and drove away.

Finally! I hissed under my breath and followed her car.