Chapter 28 - Warnings

Mila's POV

When he reached for my sash, I placed my hands on top of his hand, stopping him and pulled back quickly.

"I am sorry, Lucas...but I can not. I am not ready." I said as tears ran down my cheeks and stormed out without letting him say anything.

I went to Joshua's nursery room. I walked in and closed the door behind me. Then I leaned my forehead against the door while tears were running down my cheeks and locked the door. I wiped my tears off my cheeks and approached the crib.

I stroked my boy's little hand, smiling sadly while tears were still running down my cheeks non-stop.

Joshua was sleeping peacefully. My little angel.

"Mommy loves you so much." I whispered softly while stroking his little hand.

I straightened as I wiped my tears off my cheeks and went towards the armchair beside Joshua's crib. I sat down in the armchair and pulled my legs up towards my chest. Then I leaned my head against the headrest and stared at my sleeping boy.

I woke up to the sound of my baby's crying the following morning. I rubbed my eyes and stood up.

"Joshua, Mommy is here." I said softly and took him in my arms.

He nuzzled up against my chest and gripped the lock of my hair, sobbing. I placed a soft kiss on his cheek, breathing in his milky scent while stroking his back smoothly.

After breastfeeding him, I changed his clothes and carried him to my room. I placed him on my bed and placed pillows beside him. Then I went to my walk-in closet and grabbed a black crop top and dark blue high waist denim jeans.

After getting ready, I took Joshua in my arms and went to the living room.

I felt nervous. I didn't know how I would look Lucas in the eyes.

When I walked into the kitchen, I saw Lucas drinking coffee.

"Good morning." I mumbled.

"Morning." He murmured dryly without looking at me.

As he finished his coffee, he placed his mug on the counter and walked towards the door, still ignoring me.

"Lucas...Umm...Won't you have breakfast?" I asked, biting my lower lip nervously.

"No. I have a meeting." He replied coldly without turning around and left.

I sighed sadly and placed a soft kiss on Joshua's forehead, stroking his soft brown hair.

After having breakfast, I got Joshua ready and went to my parents'. I decided to stay the night there. It would be good for both of us. Moreover, I needed to think. Maybe this marriage wasn't a good idea at all. But it was the only way at that time. I didn't have another choice.

I breathed deeply and grabbed my phone. I sent a message to Lucas informing him that I was staying the night at my parents' house. A few seconds later, my phone buzzed.

'Ok.'

I took a deep breath and put my phone into my bag. I took Joshua in my arms and grabbed his diaper bag.

I was smiling sadly while my mother was making funny faces at Joshua. Meanwhile, Joshua was giggling.

"Mila, are you okay?" My father asked as he placed his hand on my shoulder and sat down beside me on the couch.

"...Yeah." I mumbled.

He sighed. "Don't let him befuddle you." He warned me with a serious expression on his face.

I raised my eyebrow, giving him a questioning look and asked."Who?"

"That bastard. Tristan." He said and gritted his teeth.

I bit my lower lip, looking away. "Dad..."

"He isn't worth it. He is nothing compared to Lucas. He just brings you unhappiness." He commented firmly.

I looked down without saying anything. My eyes welled up. I breathed deeply, trying to hold my tears back.

He sighed and stood up. He gave me a warm smile and kissed my forehead.

"Stay away from that bastard. Don't let him get between you and Lucas. Lucas loves you." He warned me and walked away.

I sighed, depressed and looked at Joshua.

Tristan's POV

As I finished signing my paperwork, my secretary took them and left.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I grabbed it and looked at it. It was my father.

"Yes?"

"Tristan, are you in the company?" He asked.

"Yes. What happened?" I asked in curiosity.

He went to a tender with our lawyer. It was important for our company. If we won the tender, it would be a big opportunity for our company.

"I need our mall project's file. I will go straight to the meeting place after the tender. It is in my office. Give it to the driver to bring it to me." He replied.

"I will bring it myself. It is on my way. I am going to meet up with Cody at the restaurant." I informed.

"Thank you. See you."

"See you."

I put my phone into my pocket and went to my father's office. I took the file and left.

I parked the car in front of the building and got out of the car. When I was about to walk into the building, someone called me behind me. I gritted my teeth as I stopped. I took a deep breath as I turned around and faced Daniel Parker.

"What do you want?" I asked dryly.

He frowned, annoyed and approached me. He placed his hands in his pockets and looked into my eyes.

"Stay away from my daughter. Don't befuddle her." He warned me in an authoritarian tone.

I narrowed my eyes with a questioning expression and looked at him, confused.

"I don't do anything." I said bitterly. "Your daughter is married and...has a son." I commented, emphasizing the word daughter.

"Yes, she is married to a good man and has a son. So stay away from Mila and her family. Let her be happy." He said firmly and walked into the building without letting me say anything.

I clenched my fist angrily. My jaw clenched.

Fuck!

I breathed deeply, trying to calm down as I closed my eyes. I felt frustrated.

Damn it! I know Mila is married to someone else and happy with that man. Why do you need to repeat it?

After calming down a little, I walked in. As I saw my father, I approached him.

"I brought it." I extended the file towards him.

"Thank you, Tristan." He gave me a grateful smile.

"No problem. If you don't need anything else, I am leaving." I said.

"No, thank you." He nodded. "Umm...Tristan. Are you okay?" He asked, concerned as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Yes, I am fine, Greg. Don't worry." I mumbled, forcing a smile.

"If you say so." He said, unconvinced.

"See you." I mumbled.

"See you."

When I turned around, I saw Daniel Parker, looking at me, puzzled. I gritted my teeth, giving him a murderous look and stormed out.