chapter 16

Love Pov
"Errm...I have a visitor, maybe another time." I asked. "I don't have time for this, you will listen to every crap I have to say, now I'm picking you at 6pm tomorrow even get ready" with that he left, leaving me shocked. I turned to enter only to see Wendy with a smirk.
"Erhem... So someone has got a date😋" Wendy pretended to sink. " Quickly i entered the room

"What do I wear, what do I wear" I begun pacing in the room. "I got you this" Wendy appeared from nowhere holding a bag. She handed the bag to me. In it is a very beautiful dinner wear. I thanked her and got dressed as she did my hair and makeup. Soon we heard a knock on the door. I was so nervous, I nearly passed out. As I opened the door to see Donald in a very nice African print. He looked really handsome. He was staring at me with wide eyes making me uncomfortable. I cleared my throat. " You ..you...lo..ok beautiful, he stummered" I said a thank you with my eyes on the ground as he opened his car for me to enter.

After our awkward dinner, we went for a walk in a beautiful garden as he stepped in front of me. My heart begun to beat faster. "Lilly, I know I haven't been the best person, but I promise to change if you would give me the chance. I promise to make you the happiest person. Please just give me a chance. Will you be m girlfriend?" He said with a sincere look in his eyes." I can't , I need this job, I do not want to mix business with pleasure, besides you can have any girl you want. I just don't want to have any issues, please I'm very sorry " I said as I realised there was water on my checks. I quickly left, picking a taxi back home.
😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Today is Monday which means work. How do I face my boss after what happened. I think it is best if I look for another job.
"Good morning sir, please is there anything to be done today?" I asked him nervously. "Get me a cup of coffee" he said without looking up. I exited.

At lunch, one of the staff, Prince, came to invite me for lunch, he is one funny guy to be around. We went to a new restaurant and as we ate, he kept making me laugh.
I saw someone's eye on me but I ignored it.  After, we went back to the office, he gave me a peck on the cheek before walking off which took me by surprise. I went back to Donald's office and as soon as I walked in, i realised he is just a foot away from the door so maybe he saw what happened.
"I now see why you rejected me, because you prefer whoring around, I saw your romance time at the restaurant and also just a few minutes ago. You are a disgrace to womanhood"
I was beyond furious. " You know what? I actually was about to apologise for last night and give you a chance, but I'm glad I don't have didn't because you are an asshole and a jerk. Keep your fucking job and don't bother coming to my house this time, because if you do, I'll pour hot water on you and make sure if burns you arrogance away. Now excuse me and have a nice day." I said all in one breath as a got out. Picked my bag and left the building. I turned one last time to look at the building before stopping a taxi.