:) Jughead- "I'd Leave Betty For You"

For @porincess123
—————

Your POV
It still hurt seeing Jughead with Betty. Two months of them together and yet my heart hasn't grown used to the sharp pains of watching them kiss, hug, and laugh. That used to be us. Betty wraps an arm around his bicep and hugs him close, giving me a small smile. The kindness in her eyes made me smile back before his eyes met with mine.

Flashback
"It didn't mean anything to me, Y/N!" He cries, his hair falling over his eyes as he tries to hold me.

"Please, don't," I whisper weakly and push his hands away with my shaky ones. I've never felt this small in my entire life.

"I didn't mean to break your heart". His eyes glisten with tears as he stares down at my shivering figure.

My nose was running and my eyes were puffy. This is what it really looks like to have your heart broken. I back away and hand him his jacket, too hurt to even speak.

"Go, Jughead. I'm begging you".

He looks down at his jacket and sniffles, trying his best to hide the pain

He looks down at his jacket and sniffles, trying his best to hide the pain. Without another word, Jughead nods his head and kisses my forehead. Then he left me.

——————

The heat of the sun casts its infinite warmth over me and I smile up at it.

"Y/N," a soft voice says from above me. A shadow blocks the sun and I open my eyes.

"Jughead.."

"I just saw you lying here and wanted to make sure you're okay".

"I'm just enjoying the sun," I reply, squinting up at his lovely face.

"Oh, I'm glad". He shifts his weight from one foot to the other and looks back down at me. "You know, the sun is the most important source of energy for life on Earth".

I tilt my head and look at the rays of light casting behind Jughead's thick hair. "I know.." I whisper sadly.

"So, the group was thinking of doing a swim at the pond by your place after school. You care to join us, m'lady?" He smirks and offers his hand to help me stand up. I laugh and take his hand, walking together towards the other. Betty puts her head on his shoulder as we all walk towards my house. My heart shattering silently in the rowdiness of the group.

—At the pond—
"Come on in," Archie shouts at me, splashing water onto my white dress.

"Archie!" I yelp and check to see if the top is see through now.

"C'mon, we're all going to see it anyway. Just jump in!" He counters and opens his arms to me. I peel off the wet dress and when I pull it over my head, a pained expression lands on Jughead's face. The boys in the group make whooping noises and my face turns red. Before I can walk slowly into the water, Reggie comes from behind me and scoops me up bridal style as he throws me into the water.

"Geez, you're heavier than you look," he teases as I gasp for air.

"Jesus, Reggie, be careful with her!" Jughead snaps, looking panicked. He swims over to me and brushes some wet hair from my eyes. "You okay?" A crushing sensation in my chest starts up and I remember when he used to do that.

"She's fine," Betty buds in and swims over. "She's got all that extra body to protect her". Everyone looks shocked.

"Wow, Betty. The bitch really came out to play didn't she?" Kevin buds in. I rush over to my dress and pull it over my head, feeling very self conscious. Everyone goes there separate ways and Jughead comes over to me.

"I'm sorry about Betty. She's a... firecracker," he chuckles nervously and reaches for his shirt.

 firecracker," he chuckles nervously and reaches for his shirt

I wipe a tear away and his face becomes serious. He always used to tell me that I was beautiful and that my body was perfect. But now his eyes traveling over my body felt like knives across my skin.

"Your beauti-" He begins but stops short. "Sorry, I guess I still have these feelings for you.." his eyes flash up to meet mine. "I'd leave Betty for you". His dark eyes sadden when he sees Betty walking over to us.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry for what I said. I was out of line," Betty apologizes and hugs me. I awkwardly pat her back and then she leans away. "It's just that Jughead would always tell me that he had to lie and say he loved your body but that mine is better".

"Jug?" I cry out, a tear running down my cheek.

"I-I didn't mean it Y/N".

"Your really said that?" I back away slowly and he reaches a hand out to grab my arm. "Don't-"

"Y/N, please-" his eyes water and I can't help but interrupt him.

"I know, you didn't mean to break my heart," I murmur the same words he'd said to me those months before. As I turn to leave I see Betty kiss Jughead's cheek mockingly.

 As I turn to leave I see Betty kiss Jughead's cheek mockingly

Goodbye, Jughead Jones.