:) Sweet Pea- Why I'm Here

Your POV

I guess you could say I'm obsessed. 

There's this boy, Sweet Pea, and I can't seem to get him off of my mind. He came to Riverdale High School a couple weeks ago and whenever I see him in the hallway, I run the other way. I can't explain it but he sets a blaze in my heart and a flush to my cheeks.

"Are you even listening, Y/N?" Jughead groans, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah, sorry".

"Really? Then what did I just say?"

"You... uhh... Sweet Pea doesn't..." I trail off, knowing he'd caught me not listening.

"Ugh, Y/N. I was saying that you can't like Sweet Pea, he's bad. You're like my little sister and I don't want him messing around with your feelings".

"That's not your choice, Jughead. I like him, okay?" I stand up with a look of disbelief on my face and start to walk away when Jughead's hand grabs my arm.

His face falters before he mumbles, "he doesn't like you Y/N. He-he told me that he specifically thinks you're a waste of space".

"What?" my voice cracks and from the corner of my eye, I see Sweet Pea walking towards us. "Excuse me," I say and push past Jughead, walking quickly past Sweet Pea.

"Hey, Y/N-" he says as I pass.

---At Serpent Hangout---

I fill my cup up with a strange substance and down the whole thing.

"Slow your roll," a voice tells me. When I turn, Sweet Pea is behind me, an amused look on my face.

"Why do you care?" I try to pass him but he locks me in against the wall.

"What's your deal? You act like you hate me," he looks down into my eyes as he speaks, my heart slightly cracking as he does.

"Right, and I'm suddenly not a waste of space?!" I yell, pushing him back by his chest.

"What?"

"I know what you said to Jughead about me. You think I'm some f*cking low-life who makes stupid mistakes and doesn't deserve to be here!"

His eyebrows raise and he leans closer to my face, "you're telling me my life story, babygirl," I roll my eyes, hoping the tears don't fall down my face. His smirk turn down into a frown, "Wait, you're kidding, right?"

"You're a terrible liar and a worst-"

"I would never say that about you, Y/N," his eyebrows scrunch together as he eyes peer at Jughead who stands in the other room.

"I mean I liked you but I don't believe you, so why are you even here?" I toss my cup in the garbage and hide my face in my hands

"I mean I liked you but I don't believe you, so why are you even here?" I toss my cup in the garbage and hide my face in my hands. A hand firmly lifts my head up by the chin and Sweet Pea's lips press against mine.

"I. Like. You," he says in between kisses. He pulls away, resting his hands on my waist, "that's why I'm here".