<-43->

<-I-L-A-<<<
"I'm so sorry, Ila," said Matteo as he gently pulled me closer to him.

Unable to answer him, I bit on my lip as I bawled.

I'm sorry, too.

>>>-M-A-T-T-E-O->
I laid there, cradling Ila as she slept. I was tired myself but the pain my heart kept me awake. Ila twitched and I snuggled closer to her. I felt bad, very bad. I sighed gently in hopes of releasing a bit of weight that was holding down my chest.

In the corner of my eye, a movement caught my attention. In front of me, Aiden stirred awake. Unlike Ila, he wasn't in the laying position. The first half of Aiden's bed was elevated to a 45-degree angle, sitting him upright.

"Don't move," I whispered.

Aiden whipped his head in the direction of my voice.

"Do you remember what happened?" I asked in a soft voice. I didn't want to disturb Ila from her needed sleep.

Aiden nodded and pointed to his leg. "The doctor told me when I woke up earlier this morning. Did she wake up yet?"

I nodded. The door to the room opened and Dr. Montello appeared. Aiden patted the empty space of the hospital bed next to him. The doctor looked confused at what Aiden was suggesting.

"What?" Dr. Montello asked.

"I'm getting jealous of Ila. I want a cuddle buddy too," Aiden explained.

"No."

"Awww.." Aiden whined in disappointment.

"Look's like she's back to sleep. You can wiggle your way out and leave," Dr. Montello said, turning his focus away from Aiden to me and Ila.

"I'm good," I told him, "I'll stay here until she wakes up again."

The young doctor's eyebrows rose in amusement. He cleared his throat and said, "Okay."

Dr. Montello grabbed the handle to the bed of Aiden's, releasing the breaks on the rolling bed. He started to push the bed, slightly moving Aiden in the process.

"Woah, there. Where am I going?" Aiden asked.

"I'm moving you to another room."

"Wait, but it's my turn!" Aiden complained.

"For what?" Dr. Montello asked, stopping the bed.

"For Matteo to spoon me ."

The doctor rolled his eyes and continued to push the bed out of the door. Aiden turned back, flipping me off. They went out of sight, turning left in the hall and leaving the door half opened behind them. Annoyed at such a small thing, I slowly got up to close it.

"Are you leaving?" Ila's small voice croaked.

I turned around to see that Ila eyes were opened, tiredly.

"Do you want me to?" I asked. My hand was on the handle. I was hoping for a 'no'. It would tell me what I wanted to know. I wanted to know that she wasn't upset with me or mad at me. Yet, the other half of me wanted to do so, to blame me and hate me. Where else should that blame go? Herself? No.