"Who would I tell? And who would even believe me? I'm just a little girl from district 4." I counter.

"I suppose so." He gets closer to my ear and whispers

"District 1 and 2 bribe the game makers to keep their tributes alive and kill rival districts." I don't let him see my reaction, gotta keep it cool like I don't even care.

"Juicy. Why don't we get started?" I say, holding his arms.

"Music to my ears."

When I return I finally have time to process what the man said. I knew one and two played dirty, but not like that.

I walk in just in time for dinner. I quickly take a seat at the table and dish up. "How was training today?" I ask the two.

"Good. We focused on survival skills as you said, five wants to team up with us." I nod as Mist talks.

"Did they seem trustworthy?" I ask in return.

"Maybe. I don't really want to team up with anyone, it'll make everything easier." Finnick responds this time.

"That's a valid option. You can choose to do what you want. Tomorrow you two can work with some knives but again, limit yourselves. If you show how good you are, their first target will be you." They both nod.

"I tried to make some friends for you both today. I think it'll be pretty easy to get you guys sponsors, they were practically swooning over you already." I say, making sure they know I can get them supplies.

"Thanks, I think that'll really help in the arena," mist comments and I agree, continuing to eat.

Things go on like this over the next few days until the interview. I have more clients and learn more capitol secrets, be it a drunken patron or a whisper over the pillow.

Today they have their individual assessments to determine a score from 1-12. "Now's the time to show them everything you've got. Show them survival skills or weapons, or both, but be confident in what you choose to show them. Good luck." They both nod and step into the elevator, going down to the training centre.

While Mags and I wait for them to return we get a visitor. "Hey, Rose." I turn around at the mention of my name and immediately hug Po. "I missed you so much! How have you been?" I ask excitedly. He smiles.

"I've been well. Hey, I'm sorry about Finnick being here, I know you two are together." I nod solemnly.

"But to cheer you up I wanted to design one last outfit for you. As you know, they do an interview with last years victor and I wanted to do the honour of providing that outfit for you." My smile widens even farther. "Of course you can! Do you see how I've been doing without my stylist recently?" That gets a laugh out of him.

"Yeah, I know. It's a tragedy." It's my turn to laugh now.

"I'll meet you in the dressing room once 1 goes out. Don't be late!" He yells as he walks back to the elevator. 

A short time later Finnick and Mist show up, both covered in sweat. "How'd it go?" I question immediately.

"Good. I think they liked my trident moves." Finnick says confidently. Mist shrugs her shoulders and they walk off to get cleaned up. After they come back we sit on the couch and wait to hear their results.