Pathetic.

The footsteps stopped and I knew they were outside the door.

"Alpha, please. It's best that we let Levi in first. She was good with him..."

"She won't be back until next week, I'll deal with him."

The conversation was strained, even to my ears, I could hear it. I felt his wolf on the other side, calling to me but my own was too ashamed to answer.

We weren't pack.

We were branded.

We were a disgrace.

And we were saved.

My breath quickened, as more self-destructive thoughts continued. I couldn't breathe, no matter how much air I took in, it didn't fully reach my lungs. It was a familiar feeling, one that had been soothed by Pierce.

Pierce!

A fresh onslaught of tears hit me full force and suddenly my rapid breathing started to choke me. I clawed at my throat trying to get myself under control but it was pointless. I couldn't handle this.

Was Pierce dead?

Did Beta tell the truth?

Where were they?

What would Kain do?

Suddenly the door busted open, but I couldn't lookup. I was too deep into my panicked mind to make head or tails out of the person who came in.

I was losing my mind, and my claws dug deeper into the flesh protecting my throat. The pain felt good, but it didn't stop the rapid breaths, didn't stop reality.

I felt hands grab my own before I was pulled into a hard chest. I struggled to free my hands, to get free of the iron like arms encasing me.

"Do something!" I felt the growl from within his chest, heard the anger in his words. He was mad. I knew I angered him, I knew I disappointed him once again. I was useless.

I heard the female reply but couldn't make out her words as my vision started to swim. Maybe this would finally be it. Maybe Alpha will do away with me for good this time? Maybe he will take pity on me!

My hope was short-lived as I felt the soothing growl start. My cheek vibrated with the noise, and without my consent, my wolf pushed forward to even our breathing, matching Alphas calming breaths.

I unconsciously breathed in his scent, a scent that washed over me like a blanket, comforting.

"Shhh," His mouth was at my ear, whispering to me as his body slowly rocked us. "It's ok, you're safe." A broken sob escaped at his words.

Safe?

Safe! Was I truly safe? Did I even want to be safe? I wanted death. I wanted to leave this world peacefully like I was intended. I was the mistake. The worthless Omega that terrorized everyone I came across. I didn't deserve protection, didn't deserve kindness.

I hated my life.

Without thinking, I snapped. My teeth grabbed on to Alphas shirt covered chest, ripping the fabric and latching onto his flesh I dug my teeth in. I heard him hiss in pain.

I wanted him to hurt me.

I wanted him to punish me.

To kill me.

My desperate thoughts fueled my willpower to claw and bite at the male holding me. He didn't move though. His arms held me tighter, and he continued to rock me. I must have looked deranged as I threw my body about, trying to be released so I could tear into him more.