Carson

“I don’t like her” I said to Lela as we sat for coffee the next day. “I was waiting for you to snap her neck. Some of the comments she made throughout the night were rude. Hell maybe she is sour about losing the case against you”. “I don’t see why, she is a damn good lawyer and I even offered her a job if she ever moved to Georgia” Lela said taking a sip of her coffee. “But I did catch on to all her little comments and trust me I wanted to say something but Alicia kept changing the subject. And I promised her I’ll give her a chance”. “Well I hope Alicia checked her ass because next time I will” I said sipping some coffee. “Lela I don’t know what it is but I don’t care for her. She just rubbed me the wrong way from the moment she said your name with that funny looking smirk on her face like she knew she something we didn’t”. “It’s called your gut and now you know how I feel when I say I don’t like someone. Always go with your gut 99.7% of the time its right the other .3% is still a chance that it could be right even if it was wrong” Lela said stirring her coffee. “Where in the hell is Alicia so I can give her 99.7% of my mind” I said pulling out my phone to call her. “Hey baby cake sorry I’m running late I’m just a block away I’ll be there in two minutes” Alicia said and then hung up. “So does the offer still stand” I asked. “What offer” Lela asked looking confused. “You know, giving her a job. The way she act last night I wouldn’t offer my spit if she was on fire” I said, Lela just smiled and slightly shook her head. “What are you smiling about, I don’t see shit worth smiling for” I said getting irritated. “This is just funny to me” she said leaning back in her chair still wearing that stupid grin. I didn’t say shit I just gave her that look well do tell because I don’t shit funny so enlighten me, and she did just that on cue. “For once the shoe is on the other foot, when I get upset do you guys secretly laugh inside because I am” she said. I didn’t find shit funny still so I didn’t say anything still. “Awww Cars I’m just jivin, but ok I’ll be serious. To be honest to answer your question I don’t know if the offer still stands. I don’t know what her problem was last night I’m hoping she was just nervous and wanted are approval even though it came off rude. But a promise is a promise and I never break a promise unless its life threating” she said now picking at her muffin. “Yea, yea, yea I know, I know. But for real Lela something about her is off, like real off. I can’t put my finger on it but I just don’t like her at all” I said “do you feel anything Lee”. “I feel nothing but peace, love and being one with the world” she said closing her eyes and touching her middle finger to her thumb as if she was meditation. “I’m serious” I said smacking one of her hands. “Ouch!” she said as she put her hands down. “Carson I feel nothing for her” she said nonchalant. Now I was confused “what do you mean”? “Just that nothing, no good, happy, mad, annoyed NOTHING. I see it this way if she’s with Alicia she’s with her if she’s not then she’s not either way I don’t care” she said with a face expression to match. I didn’t like this I Don’t Care attitude Lela developed. “But if she turns out to be crazy” I asked really not knowing what else to say to get a hint that Lela was somewhere in her emotionless state of mind. “Then I’ll kill her” she said with a playful smirk. I smiled back knowing she didn’t really mean it but it showed me that Lela was still in there and that the animal in her was just asleep. But deep down inside I really wanted to jump up in say YESSSSSS that’s my girl.

     “Hey girls” she said walking into the coffee shop “who are you going to kill. “Hey” I said dryly as Lela pinched me on my arm. “Hey Alicia” Lela said standing to hug her and never answering her question. “So what’s up” Alicia asked. “Nothing much just chatting” Lela said signing the waitress over. “Oh yea about what, catch me up on the new gossip” she said. “Now you know no one gossip but you” I said with a small hint of an attitude but enough that she gets the point that I was NOT happy with her. “Okay did I do something wrong” Alicia asked. “Well since you brought up the topic that something is in fact wrong, what’s up with Amber” I said. Lela was chocking on her coffee. “Lee are you okay” Alicia asked Lela while ignoring my question. “Yea, yea, yea she’s fine back to the subject at hand” I said waving my hand at Lela. “I’m sensing a lot of attitude from you what’s up” Alicia asked now getting defensive. Thinking back I can see why because of how I came at her. I could have choose my words more careful but now I was in too deep to go back. “Amber! Amber is my problem” I said and Alicia had the nerve to look surprise. “Wow I’m shocked what did she ever do to you” she said. How could she ask me that stupid ass question? “She is rude and I know you caught on to all her little remarks last nights to Lela because you kept changing the subject” I said. “Lela do you feel the same way” she asked. “Yes, she does” I said answering for her. “Like I said the first time Lela do YOU feel the same way” Alicia said never taking her eyes off of me. “I feel nothing, I’m giving her a chance” Lela said waiting for her second cup of coffee. “Lela is on some new shit being one with the damn trees, peace and all that shit” I said rolling my eyes at her, while she just smiled and brushed me off.