My Play Ground

This was personal and now you’re on my preying ground. I have a big apatite so I’m taking everyone down for the kill. Come to find out it wasn’t just Betty Bullard who release my name. Never the less she knew it was wrong so she is going down as well as her partner. I never knew her reason nor did I care to hear it. I personally handled my case instead of letting Antonio handle it. I wanted to make them pay and I wanted to see their faces once their lives fail apart from all around them. It was a no brainer that I would win and once the case was over Betty was fired from her job and no other agency wanted to hire someone with her characteristic. I didn’t have a clue what happened to her, no one seen or heard from her since the case. Who knows I might run into her working behind the counter of a fast food place one day. In addition, I sue the old law firm I once worked for. However, I let Antonio handle that case because I wanted to rub in their faces that not only am I starting my own law firm with the money I win from them. But that the very same lawyer that beat them will also be working as my equal partner in my new law firm.

         I knew the case against the firm would be long and hard but I had faith that God would be on my side. No one at the firm wanted to take the case against me which was wise on their part because I would have creamed them. And they didn’t want some new lawyer with no experience under their belt handling a case this big to represent them so Mr. Lynch and his partners was forced to represent themselves. This was music to my ears to show them what they were missing out on. It was at the point where my pictures with Marvin were being showed. I knew they were going to be shown. Thousands of people have seen them before any way however no one could ever put two and two together to know that it was me in the first place. After all this time has passed I have grown comfortable with the photos. Modeling is a legit job and it was not like I was showing all of my goods let alone selling myself so I had nothing to be ashamed of. I was doing the shoot because I had the look that Marvin was going for and as favor. However, those were not the only pictures that were being showed. Before I was outed I did both a photo shot and a commercial promoting the fight against Breast Cancer. The commercial consist of several women with different life styles, ethnicities, ages and career who wore regular blue jeans and a pink t-shirt. It was a shot were your every day women like Carson a restaurant owner, Alicia a social worker, Nicole a mother, myself as a lawyer and the list goes on from students, wives and grandmothers who could all be in danger of having breast cancer. But of course that was not released to the press like the other shots. As soon as Antonio finished I knew we had the case in the bag. It was nice to sit back for once and watch him work. I never made eye contact with anyone else all my attention was on Antonio. He was like my night and shining armor here to slay anyone who would bring harm my way. I was in my own fantasy as we rode off into the sunset together. I never even heard when the judge delivered the verdict. I was snatch out my day dream by a loud scream out of nowhere. I immediately stood to my feet to see a white woman screaming at the top of her lungs. She was carried out by Mr. Woods one of Mr. Lynch partners. I glance over to Antonio to see Mr. Lynch and his partners shaking his hand and smiling. What the hell is going on? Did we lose, Oh My GOD did we lose, and who in the hell was that white lady I thought as I began to panic.

      “Congratulations Ms. Foxx” Mr. Porter another partners who took part in firing me said to me as he extended a hand and fake smile. “Well thank you but you should get use to calling me Mrs. Artest” I said grabbing Antonio by the arm and smiling. Mr. Lynch then walked over “Did I just hear you say Mrs. Artest as in this is your husband” he asked with a look of disbelief on his face. Antonio grabbed and kissed me on my hand. “Well yes you did. Antonio is my fiancé and we will be making it official in a few months. I would have invited you but with the bad blood between us it’s no point. Not only is this a fine and intelligent black strong man who I fall deeper in love with every second of the day my future husband. But he is the man who brought me victory. I just wanted to give you a taste of what you’re going to be going up against” I said looking Antonio in the eyes instead of Mr. Lynch and Mr. Porter. “Wha, wha, what do you mean going up against” Mr. Porter stuttered. “Oh yea, I forgot, I. No excuse me but we are starting our own law firm together and to top it off since you have been so busy with this case I’m sure you did not noticed that you have received several resignation letters giving you more than a 3 week notice. So even if you do fire them now it doesn’t matter because they can collect unemployment. And if they please can sue you for terminating them without good cause like you did me and then you will be seeing me in court once again. And we all know how that will turn out. So to make this long story short they are coming to work for us. So save yourself the embarrassment and the rest of the little money I was being so graces to let you keep and don’t bother” I said with a smirk on my face as I seen their lives crumble into small bread crumbs. I started to walk off but stopped. “What did you say again when you fired me? I can’t put my finger on it but I will say this. I am not sorry but it was not in my best interest to have ever worked for someone like you. Who cannot represent me and what I have built for your old company. So I’m going to take a few of your best lawyers and best paying clients. Well I’m sure by now you can tell I put my own twist on your words” I said still smiling. “I bet you wished you never fired her now” Antonio said smiling at them. “Now if you don’t mind excusing us, but I have to take my lawyer out for a victory dinner on me and whatever else he wants” I said kissing Antonio and walking out the court room knowing they were all watching. “Well gentlemen that is my Q to go, look all you want but she’s spoken for” Antonio said walking after me.