Good Man

December came and we were finally moving into our new house. No correction our new home. I was 6 months and not only was I showing but I was craving the weirdest things. Like my favored is french fries mixed inside a vanilla milk shake or frozen green grape. “I want to carry you over the threshold” Antonio said unlocking the door. “Aw baby that’s sweet but I know I’ve put on a lot of weight” I said rubbing my stomach. “Nonsense baby” he said as he scooped me in to his strong arms. No matter how big I felt he never looked at me any different. I know he loved me and he love the fact that I was pregnant but I felt like his love grew because of the pregnancy. I sometimes wonder if his love would have grown if I wasn’t having a baby. Once he placed me down in the house we just took a deep breath as we looked around taking in the site of the house. We walked around the house before the moving van made it. As we stood in the living room that was painted a light yellow he asked me what room I wanted to see first. Of course the master bed room I couldn’t wait to see it. We went up the spiral stair case. The bedroom had double doors and when we walked in the room was big I mean huge. There were separate closets and across the window was an area to sit down and look out the window. The room was painted a light purple and as we made it to the bathroom which was painted gold my eyes first went to the his and hers sinks then the Jacuzzi tub in which I know we would enjoy together after I have the baby. I also liked the glass shower I could just imagine the fun we would have in there. Antonio knew what I was thinking when his eyes meet mines and said in due time and then slap me on the butt as he walked out laughing. I walked to the bathroom door way and said “I want to see it now”. Without even asking what I was talking about he grab this little remote and push the button that retracted the ceiling that revealed the sky with a tinted glass. “Oh baby it is beautiful” I said wrapping my arms around him. “Yes you are” he said kissing me. “Remember how we talked under the stars all night on the beach” I asked. “Yes how could I ever forget it was the day I knew you were my soul mate” he said. “I love you so much Antonio you gave me everything I could ever want in life and you keep giving it to me every day” I said. “That’s because you deserve it” he said as I began to cry. “What’s wrong baby” he asked. “I am just overwhelmed with happiness, baby you are my star, sun, moon and heaven. I have never been so happy then when I am with you. No matter where we are or how my day is going you make everything right with just your presence” I said as he whipped away my tears. Baby when I was away in California I looked at the stars every night thinking of you” I said as I held he tight.

       After I finally stop crying we went to go look at the rest of the house. The next stop was the baby room which was painted a powder blue. The other bedroom was painted white and connected to the baby room by a shared bathroom that was painted badge. The office upstairs which would be mine was painted chocolate brown. Downstairs was a big kitchen that was black and badge with a black marble counter top. The other guess bedroom down stairs was not painted but the office that was Antonio’s was painted royal purple and gold of course. And the last bathroom was painted a lime green. I wanted each room to be painted a different color instead of all the rooms being white. White walls made me feel like I was in prison. There was no carpet in the house just oak wooded floors and tiles in the kitchen and three bathrooms in the house.

         In the backyard there was a big pool with a diving board and a slide that swirled around to the pool. In addition, there was a Jacuzzi and a kitty pool. “I’m going to have to build a gate around that it will be dangerous for the baby” Antonio said as we walked around. There was also a pool house “this would be nice to have so when we are hosting a party and we don’t want everyone in the house” Antonio said as he gave me a tour. After the tour of the back yard and pool house Antonio and I made it back to the house. “See there is still a lot of space left to build on and just run around” Antonio said as I nodded my head in agreement. “So how do you like the house baby” he asked waiting for my response. “Baby I love it, it’s everything I ever wanted, and more, you’re everything I want and I feel so complete now” I said placing his hand on my stomach.