Take It Slow

It’s been two weeks since Alicia got out the hospital and she has been working mine as well as everyone else nerve. I could say I can’t believe she is milking the little surgery on her leg but in actuality I can. Come on now its Alicia we are talking about she craves attention. She has been telling people that she needs to learn how to walk all over again. Knowing damn well that she can get around fine on her crunches, but she ordered a wheel chair to get sympathy points. To make matters worse Alicia is back with that stupid bitch Ashley who put her in the hospital in the first place. “Lela you need to get your girl before I push her down a flight of stairs in that wheel chair and don’t think I won’t do it” Eric said annoyed.  “Not before I do” I shouted out loud enough for her to hear us as we laughed. “I can’t believe what I’m hearing” Alicia said rolling up to the balcony where Eric and I were talking. “Girl please you ain’t fooling no one but that damn bimbo of yours” I said not turning to look at her. “Must we go through this Lela” she said rolling her eyes. “Nope but what you can do is roll your ass in there with that thing you call a girlfriend and talk to her” I said pushing her off in the direction of the kitchen.

       “Oh shit I’m about to be late I have to go pick up Antonio from anger management” I said. “I’ll bring your computer by when I’m done with it” Eric said. “Okay thanks” I said kissing him on the cheek and leaving off the balcony. “Alright cripple I’ll check on you tomorrow” I yelled out to Alicia. “Bye” Alicia and Ashley said together. “Bye Alicia” I said not speaking to Ashley. I did not hide the fact that I did not care for them getting back together and no matter how nice Ashley acted I was not changing my mind. I did not like that bitch so I did not speak to her unless it had something to do with Alicia. As childish as it was I made sure every time I was around she felt uncomfortable

      I arrived to Antonio class 10 minutes late. “Sorry I’m late Baby” I said walking in giving him a kiss “but I was talking to Eric about my computer virus”.  “So how does that make you feel with her being late Antonio” Antonio’s anger management counselor said. “Excuse you” I said turning my attention away from Antonio. “I’m sorry, excuse me where are my manners, Ms. Foxx my name is Jasmine Thor, I am Antonio’s anger management therapist” she said. “I know who you are, what you just said is what you need to excuse yourself for” I said not hiding my attitude. “I was just asking Antonio how he felt about you being late that’s all” she replied. Jasmine stood toe-to-toe with me, with dark complexion and hair that went a little pass her shoulders. She wasn’t thin and she wasn’t a sloppy fat she was big boned. She had a little pudgy stomach but she wore clothes that fit her shape. So who ever said big girls weren’t sexy they never seen her, Mo’Nique, Queen Latifah, Kendra Johnston,  Kim Coles, Jill Scott, Jennifer Hudson, Toccara and the list can go on. But she crossed the line speaking out of term and I had to put her in her place before her face met my fist over and over again. “No what you was doing was being unprofessional and disrespectful. And speaking of professional as his therapist you should be calling him Mr. Artest and only Mr. Artest. You are not his friend you are a therapist nothing more and a lot less, let’s get that straight right now. Two if I am late that is between me and him. We will discuss it later and if he feels need to bring it up in one of his sessions then that is when it will be discussed” I said while Antonio tried to get me out of the building. “Third he is not sitting in your office he is in a lobby so you already knew what you was doing was wrong. I’m not trying to tell you how to do your job, but I draw the line once you over step your professional boundary. I’m sure this will not happen again because I won’t be so nice next time” I said. After I finish saying what I had to say Antonio and I left out the building.

    “Maybe I should drive” Antonio said “cause you might have a little road rage left in you”. “Shut up” I said playfully pushing him and handing him over the keys. “Maybe you need to be going to my class with me to help with your anger” he said joking. “If I have an attitude it is because I have a reason. You think I don’t see her always trying to touch you and her slick mouth almost got her ass beat” I said. “But you know that you are the one who has my heart” he said kissing my hand. “That’s beside the point baby, how would you feel if another man was touching up on me and look at the reason why you’re in that class you felt that Marvin disrespected you and you end up hitting me” I said now serious. “Well it was disrespectful and”. “I never said it wasn’t I was just saying” I said interrupting him. “Baby” he said. “Yes my Love” I said. “You can’t just whoop everyone ass when you feel like it” he said. “And who’s going to stop me” I said laughing “and plus you like fighting with me”. “Well that’s a different story. It benefits both of us” he said joining me in laughing.

       The following week I took Antonio to his anger management class. “Alright I see you later baby” I said as he opened the door. “No don’t go anywhere give me 5 minutes” he said closing the door and heading into the building.  

        Moments later her arrived and was ready to go. He explained to me that he told her that he did not like the way she disrespected me as well as always trying to put her hands on him. He then said that he would look for another therapist that was more professional and hopefully married. By the time we made it to his house we decide to start married counseling.

        “Lela when are you going to talk to Marvin” Eric asked over the phone. “When things calm down, I’m just not ready right now, I have other things on my plate” I said. “You been back for a month now and still have not said a word to him” he said. “Okay fine than I’ll talk to him but I’m busy with work right now” I said rolling my eyes over the phone. “When Lela” he said not dropping the topic. “Soon” I said. “Yea how about today around 8 I already told him you agreed” he said. I could have just killed him. I didn’t say anything I just hung up the phone and walked down to Antonio office to explain what was going on. “Since his car was in the shop we’ve been sharing mines. “I’m going with you” he said. “No this is something that needs to be handled with care” I said. “Fine, but I don’t like it” he said. “Baby just trust me, everything is going to be okay” I said wrapping my arms around his neck. “I trust you, I just don’t”. “Baby if it makes you feel better you can sit in the car and if anything goes wrong I’ll come right out” I said before he could finish his statement. “Go ahead and go I’m going to be watching the game with the guys” he said. “Okay tell them I said hi” I said kissing him on the cheek.

       It was about that time to head over to Carson restaurant and have a sit down with Marvin. “Look here Marvin let’s cut to the point okay. We have been friends for a very long time and I value that. I love you but just as a friend I am in love with Antonio. What we shared all those years ago was just lust between us building up for so long. I never thought of you as a rebound or a one night stand it just turned out to be that one night. Maybe if we would have took our time things would have turned out different but it didn’t. As for that night between you, me and Antonio it was an accident that I stepped between the two of you and in result I was hit. I didn’t think things would go that far and I don’t think you deserved to be hit either but a lot of things that happened shouldn’t have happened. Antonio and I are still getting married and he has been seeking help on his anger. In addition, I am not making a mistake by marrying him I love him and he loves me. No he is not perfect but neither am I and that’s just the way I like it. Marvin I am happy with him and if you care for me like you say you do”. “Say no more Lela I understand and I apologies for causing you any pain. I wish you nothing but the best and happiness because you deserve it” he said grabbing my hand. “Thank you Marv” I said reaching across the table to hug him. A waitress then came over and took our order.  We talked back and forth catching up on the last two months as we ate. “Marvin there is one more thing I have to say” I said avoiding eye contact. “Yea what’s that” he said. “I’m glad we got a lot of stuff off of our chest but I don’t know if I want you to come to the wedding yet. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile and I always pictured you being there but this is the one day that will be perfect if it kills someone because I be damned if it kills me. And as far as we go yea everything seems great between us now but this is just one day and it’s not enough” I said. “I don’t know what to say about that. I guess there isn’t anything I can say is there” he said as I shocked my head. “My wedding isn’t coming up until March 3rd and its only August so we have more than enough time to patch things up we just have to take baby steps if you’re willing to” I said. “I’m willing to work on our friendship Lee” he said.