#17: Don't touch me!

Previously on "Marrying the Old Cheat"

There were a set of stairs they had to descend to get to the beach house. Jafar lead the way while Jasmine followed closely behind. Suddenly, she missed a step and was about to fall when a strong pair of arms caught her waist. They were so close that their noses were touching.  Jafar was caught in the moment so he started to lean in to kiss her, something he has been dying to do for a long time. Jasmine did not know how to react. One move and their lips would touch....
~●~●

Jafar looked at her with pleading eyes as if he was silently asking for  permission to kiss her. Jasmine stood there, unsure of what to do. This man who she had learned to resent so much in the past few days for lying to her and ruining her life by marrying her was now touching her and wanting to steal her first kiss. How dare he!

Before anything could happen, she pushed him away and yelled at him, "Don't touch me!". She forgot that he had saved her from falling and probably breaking her bones. The hate in her eyes and the disgust in her words made him step back. He couldn't believe the amount of hatred she had towards him. A fleet of emotions crossed his faced all at once, hurt being one of them. She noticed this by the way his face fell and his eyes held some moisture in them. Was it tears?

He suddenly looks down, and said  " I uuhh....the chauffeur will bring our bags. Your room is on the third floor on your right." And with that, he walked away. A part of her wanted him to turn back, but of course he didn't. He left her there and it was all her fault. She sat where she was on the stairs and held her head in her hands. She knew that he was her husband now and she had to respect him and obey him as her mother advised her but she also wanted to hurt him the same way he did her. Now she didn't know where she stood with her plan of making his life a living hell. She should have felt happy for hurting him but she didn't.  She felt the opposite. She made a grown man cry and now she felt guilty.

She quietly collected herself and headed for the house where Jafar disappeared to. The interior of the house was very modern compared to the outside. She climbed up to her room and found her bags already in there. She did not spot Jafar anywhere as she was climbing up and she felt somewhat disappointed, almost panicked. Had he left her all alone in this big house and beach? What was she going to do now. With a sigh, she unpacked her bags and arranged them neatly in her closet. She was sort of relieved that they wouldn't have to share a bed this time and she was grateful to him for being so thoughtful. Maybe he wasn't so bad?

The guilt of what she did to him earlier was eating her up as time went by. Pushing her paranoia of him leaving her alone in the house to the side, she decided to make dinner for him to make it up to him. Jafar kept ignoring her even when she met him in the living room downstairs flipping through channels on the TV. She proceeded with her mission anyway. The kitchen was fully stocked so she decided to make some spicy chicken lasagne and oreo milkshake for dessert. If she was fast enough, she would be done by maghrib time. Time slipped through her finger and by the time she had realized it, it was dark outside. Thankfully, she was done with dinner.

 Thankfully, she was done with dinner