Chapter One: The call....

Jasmine's pov:

"Jas can you come down and lock the door. We're off to your uncle's house."
Shouted my mom

See, ever since we moved here, we go to my uncle's house every Sunday for family gatherings, well mostly my dad's family coz my mom's live back in Dubai but I just wasn't feelin it today.  Don't get me wrong, I do love my family alot but I'm the kind of people who prefer staying home than going out. I get so shy around people and i just can't help but feel left out so that's why I prefer staying behind sometimes.

I dragged myself out of bed and staggered to the door. "Okay hooyo(mom)"

Hi, my name is jasmine but everybody calls me jas and that includes you. My parents named me Jasmine coz apparently I resemble Jasmine from aladdin(ikr who names their kids after Disney characters ppfff).  I'm somali. Well technically my dad is somali and my mom is Arab so i guess that makes me Somali right?

I've preety much spent most of my life in the UAE particularly Dubai coz my dad used to work there and that's how he met my mom but he got transferred to Kenya so that's where we live now. Particularly Nairobi and it feels like home.

I was making myself cereal for breakfast when i heard my phone ringing upstairs. I half ran up the stairs thinking it was my best friend tasmeen feeling all elated and stuff but then I saw an unknown number dialling.

Tas(Tasmeen) and I met in highschool when we moved here and we've been inseparable ever since. She's like the sister i never had. Even though we graduated highschool this year, we talk every day and sometimes she comes over to my house and vise versa. Oh that reminds me, I made a mental note to call her and ask her to come over later since we were practically neighbours and also coz she was the best company everrrrrr(you didn't hear this from me *wink*)

Can we talk about how my phone wouldn't stop ringing??? Hallow??, I know better than answering strange caller IDs. I mean what if I got hypnotized through the phone or something. What if I followed all their instructions and i got kidnapped(common sense guys).

I finished eating my cereal and uuugghhhh still my phone wouldn't stop ringing. To make it worse, it was the same number. "Don't freak out Jas, don't freak out, you won't get kidnapped" I kept repeating to myself.

I finally decided to answer the call after muttering Bismillah a gazillion times and reading Surah Nas falaq and Ikhlas and blowing it on myself and the whole room. "Now I'm ready" I said smirking. 

Ring ring
Ring ring
Ring ring

I answered on the 4th ring. I put the loud speaker on and kept the phone several inches away from me.
The five longest seconds in the world passed before i heard a manly masculine deep voice,

"Hello. Asalamu aleikum".

Silence

"Jasmine are you there?"

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Was that a man's voice

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaittttt!!!!!!!!!!

Was that a british accent!!. My kidnapper was British??? He even knows my name???????????

Wwhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Then again a thought came to my mind. Why would a kidnapper call me and say salam to me. Why not just come to my home directly right?

But who could this be? And what could he want????

Sooooo.... what do u guys think? Is Jasmine really getting kidnapped or is she just too paranoid.