Chapter One

chapter one
-

SUSAN'S POV

     "So, where to first, Susan?" Rosalyn asked as we walked off the bus and headed down the street instead of to our school.
     "Let's go to the bookstore first. Nobody goes there, so we won't get caught. Plus, they have a cafe inside," I suggested.
     Hey, I'm Susan. At this point in the story, my friend, Rosalyn, and I were skipping school. To be fair, that day we were only going to be at school until 11 AM instead of 3:30 PM, so it really was no big deal. And we weren't going to be doing much either way. So,  it didn't really matter if we showed up or not.
     "Sounds like a plan."
     We made it to the bookstore in about ten minutes, considering it was only two blocks away from our school. We began wandering around, looking for books to buy.
     "What about this one about-," I started before getting cut off by Rosalyn.
     "Whatever you're gonna show me, it's definitely inappropriate, so don't even." She held her hand in front of her face, a smile planted across her lips.
     "You aren't wrong," I said, laughing.
     We wandered around in silence for a few minutes before the bell above the door rang. Someone had come in.
     The two of us paused and turned towards the door. In came Jane, one of our bestfriends.
     "I made it, y'all!" She called out as she ran over to us.
     "So the plan is, we're gonna hang out here for about an hour and then we can head out," Rosalyn explained.

an hour later

     The three of us left the bookstore at 9. Rosalyn and Jane were trying to convince me to go to the movies. I said no at first, but soon I said yes, figuring it wasn't a terrible idea.
     Once the movie was over, we walked out and sat by the curb, waiting for an Uber to pick us up and take us to Rosalyn's dance studio, since she had rehearsal. We were all going to go there, then head to her place for a sleepover afterwards.
     I pulled out my phone and was immediately bombarded by an insane amount of texts and calls.
     I clicked on the first text that I had gotten from our other friend, Bee. She was a good kid, so she never skipped with us.
     My eyes widened and my mouth fell open as I read the text.

susan
susan???
SUSAN
BIG EMERGENCY
ONE OF YOUR BROTHER'S ENEMIES IS SPREADING A RUMOR THAT YOU KISSED HIM