64- Another Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Happy Christmas Liana," Harry muttered to her, not loud enough for Molly or Sirius to hear, who were both watching the two teens with careful eyes. After Remus' discussion with Liana, it had become popular debate within the Order of whether the two were dating or not. In fact, most had begun placing bets, led by Mundungus who always seemed eager earn a bit of extra cash.

"Harry I can feel Sirius' eyes literally burning holes into my back so can I give you a proper merry Christmas later?"Pleaded Liana with a smile and Harry glanced behind him. Sirius immediately pretended to be preoccupied by his firewhiskey, swallowing it with one gulp. But he did send Harry a wink before turning towards Remus and Tonks.

"Yeah that might be a smart idea," smirked Harry as Liana turned back towards her toast.

"Hello Liana- lovely to see you again!" Exclaimed Mr Weasley in delight as he came wandering in from the living room, holding onto a walking stick and moving with a rather wobbly fashion, but all the same Liana was glad to see the life back in his cheeks and that Mr Weasley no longer looked on death's bed.

"Right- time for presents everyone," grinned Mrs Weasley as she began to pass round the usual lumpy packages that everyone knew must hold the infamous Weasley jumpers.

Liana took hers gratefully as she wondered what colour it would be this year.

LIANA sat in the living room beside the Christmas tree a little later on that day. Feeling rather sleepy after a spectacular Christmas dinner made by Molly. Remus too was sprawled across the sofa next to her, groaning and clutching his stomach.

"Too many mince pies," he winced sharply as his stomach twisted angrily. Liana spluttered with laughter and tossed an abandoned cracker at Remus' head.

"You should learn some self control then- Sirius told you about eight times to slow down when you eat," advised Liana with a giggle.

Remus rolled his eyes fondly at Liana. "As if anyone ever listens to advice Sirius gives," he joked as he sat up slowly on the sofa before reaching into his trouser pocket.

"I nearly forgot- this is for you. Merry Christmas Liana-" Remus seemed nervous now as he passed over to Liana a very small package indeed, wrapped carefully in red glittery wrapping paper. Liana opened her mouth, unsure of what to say as she took the gift.

"You didn't have to Remus-" Liana protested. But Remus interrupted at once, his blue eyes narrowed firmly.

"I wanted to Liana. Really," he insisted. Liana gave him a shy smile as she began to fumble clumsily to unwrap the present, trying not to rip the neatly folded paper. At last she managed to worm her fingers under a layer of paper and pull it back to reveal the face of a small black box. She glanced up at Remus curiously who was watching her with a small yet rather anxious smile on his tired face. Liana gently opened the box and gasped in delight at what sat on a small black cushion inside.

"Oh I love it!" She exclaimed breathlessly as she touched the pair of silver earrings that laid there. They were beautifully made, the silver was ornate and twisted delicately around a black stone in each earring.

"Those stones are black diamonds, also known as carbonado diamonds. They are the toughest known natural diamonds. I though they would suit you well," Remus shrugged as if it were nothing as he watched Liana's reaction. Liana closed the box carefully and placed it on the small coffee table beside her before she suddenly threw herself at Remus.