Chapter Fifty Nine

Start from the beginning

I finally remembered this place as I looked at the stretch of lights the led further down. I took in a deep breath, wondering what this was all about as I took a step forward, following the lights.

Different hues of white glimmered along the trees, hanging loosely on the branches and swaying subtly with the slight breeze of the wind. I catch myself smiling as I admired the beauty of nature. I continued walking forward, foliage crunching under my feet with each step I took and finally, I stop.

"Hi," Taehyung grinned, a sheepish smile spreading across his lips. He stuffed a hand in his pocket while the other fidgeted with the sleeve of his dress shirt a little nervously.

"Taehyung, what is this?" I breathed out in awe, staring at the little set up that was before me. I noticed a wooden table with a bench that wasn't there before, right in front of the lake. There was a candle that sat in the middle of the table.

Right next to it was a triangular tent, a somewhat big one, decorated with lights too and I couldn't help but gasp at how beautiful everything was.

"You wanted to know what this place really was, right?" He stepped forward towards me, a playful smirk on his lips.

I nodded as my eyes still wandered around, not being able to take everything in. "Did you do all of this?" I asked and he chuckled lightly in response.

"I may have had a little help, but yes." He chimed, standing right in front of me. He gently cups my cheeks, getting me to look at him and for some reason my heart starts picking up its pace. "I've been waiting for the right time to do this, but I realised there's probably never going to be the right time so," he breathed out as he looked around for a bit.

"It's beautiful." I lay my hand on his chest, leaning in to kiss him. "When did you do this?" And I was back to staring at the lights and he gently pulls onto my arm, wanting my attention to be on him.

"Areum," he's close to singing my name, his velvety voice embracing me.

"Mmhmm," I hummed as he held me by my waist, looking down at me.

He pulled me closer to him, his hands now travelling to my arm where he took my left hand into his. His free hand digs into the pocket of his pants and he pulled out a tiny brown box.

"Taehyung?" I looked at the box, my heart now pounding against my chest as I looked up at him, the warmest smile playing on his lips.

He kisses my forehead right before getting down on one knee before me.

"Taehyung," My voice almost disappearing. "No," I gasped in disbelief, a smile instantly smearing across my face.

He chuckled nervously, "that's not exactly what a person wants to hear when they're down on one knee." He looked to the ground, cheeks burning red as he held the ring in front of him.

"No, I'm sorry-um, continue." I squeak and he gently tugs onto my arm, pulling me closer.

"Areum," he calls out my name once more.

"Mmhmm," I place my palm over my mouth, tears pooling around my eyelids as they threatened to drip with a blink.

He gets flustered by my reaction, looking down to the ground one more time to regain his confidence. "I love you and-" he took in a deep breath.