The Children

On break, I went straight to the cafeteria, sat down, and ate. I just finished cleaning the first floor but I have one more floor left to clean. Right after eating, I sat and started to think. What should I do with my spare time? A face popped up in my head. I went upstairs to the third floor and entered room 1308. No one was inside. Hana wasn't here.

"First floor, daycare center." I heard a voice behind me say.

I turned around and saw Toshinori leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed on his chest. "Sorry, what?"

"She's on the first floor at the daycare center." Toshinori says and started to walk away, "Better hurry up, if you still want to see her!"

As soon as Toshinori was out of earshot, I ran to the daycare center. I took in deep heavy breaths as soon as I reached the daycare. The daycare's door had a window to peeked through and had butterflies all over the walls. I peeked at the door and saw Hana sitting with the children, playing with them. She looked up at the door and saw me. I hid quickly. I took a quick peek and saw her walking towards my direction. I hid again.

The door opened and Hana smiled at me, "You can come in if you want."

"Huh?" I looked at her. I didn't hear what she said, "What?"

"I said, you can come in if you want." Hana smiles.

"O-okay." I say and entered the daycare with Hana right behind me. We played with the children, read them stories and did a lot of stuff with them. When our breaktime was over, I excused myself and resumed my work. I enjoyed playing with the kids and Hana. Maybe I should do this more often.