03 | The Spanish firefighter in Centraler

It was the wild bright lights that made Brad groan and his first words came by strings of curses.

He looked around in questioning, his eyes found the IV drops that's hose connected right on the back of his palm. Grimacing, he turned to study the room he was in. Windows that overlooked the Hospital's huge lawn, a TV resting on the upper left of the room and a white door. He would've been happy if the room wasn't too bland.

His attention went from the show on TV towards his door being opened. A guy with black curly locks, with a light blue scrubs and a clipboard came in gently, though when their eyes met— Brad was sure that his eyes mirrored his widened ones.

❝ U–Ugh. . ❞ And before Bradley knew what was going on, the nurse left. Which of course ticked him off, rolling his eyes, he decided to watch the show once more before his door opened yet again revealing a blonde woman with a doctoral coat over her navy blue scrubs and three– with what he assumed as– nurses.

The two nurses seem to gawk at him which made him more fuming, the one who he have seen earlier though seem to like the floor more. But the doctor? She looked like she couldn't give a care.  ❝ How are you feeling, Mr. Fernandez? ❞

The firefighter perked up from his blazing gaze from the young boy towrds the doctor, clenching his jaw– he grunted out.  ❝ Fine. ❞

❝ Right, Nurse Ace. . Would you please check his vitals? ❞ The doctor asked, to which a tall man with circular–rimmed glasses nodded jovially with a glint of mischief dancing on his lips. 

❝ Gladly. ❞ He responded, earning a raise of the brow from the doctor who decided to go to the other side of Brad's bed. The doctor smiled,  ❝ My name is Dr. Aphrodte Wayne, the three nurses with me is Nurse Kayla, Nurse Ace and Nurse Barry— ❞

❝ Nurse Barry, huh? ❞ Brad huffed out, Barry felt the hair of his skin stood as the patient mentioned his name. Looking up from the floor, he could only give a mere glance before taking his gaze back to it. Aphrodite clearing her throat to catch the patient's attention.

Aphrodite eyed him solemnly,  ❝ Do you know why you're here, Mr. Fernandez? Do you remember anything that happened? ❞

Bradley felt his heart beat quicken, looking from the doctor's face then back to Nurse Barry. He didn't pay any attention from Nurse Kayla or the nurse who was checking his vitals whom he knew was looking at him intensely.

❝ I– I do, but no one knocked me out. . Right? ❞ Brad asked, laughing nervously.

Aphrodite took a sharp breath,  ❝ No, Mr. Fernandez. But I'm sorry to tell you this. .  you are diagnosed with Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease, Emphysema– Stage 2. ❞