PROLOGUE | The Roots of All that is Worse

It was smoking.

Sure some would probably comment that yes! The platoon of firefighters whom broke the door and entered the house to rescue babies, parents, and pets are undeniably hot. One of the best men there is in Central City, other than heroes masked appearances and possibly unnecessary capes attached to their shoulders.

But to be fair and honest, yes it is smoking. The fire that had spread throughout the first few blocks of the new street in their subdivision, cries mixed with worries and worries mixed with hot men in saving. Some others would have drooled over them but majority were too busy crying over their xbox or playstations being burned up.

As soon as everyone was cleared, that was when they continued their full operation. Some people stayed and some had to go, some were up for investigations but some were too keen to escape. This was another mission for the clan of Bradley, a firefighter clan that he talks most pride about.

And of course, that Spanish man! The talk of the town where ladies had put themselves on fire just to be rescued by him and probably get laid after. Some he met from clubs, but when his appearance was suddenly being praised of— he found no interest with women anymore. Sure he had the respects, but he judged that they were all the same in Central City.

But hey, relationships or his taste in women shouldn't be talked about in the middle of burning houses and smoke that continues to destroy the system— right?

Bradley wants to help is all, sometimes he was too generous to help women with their pleasure. But he is sincerely scared of what may comes after, a good laid could come after a baby– a good work at the station could increase the risk of diseases in the lungs if he weren't too careful.

And he had a goal, he wanted to make his parents proud who had lost interest in him.

Though he lives up to his goal, he praises his goal. He's working hard for him, for the people, for his parents. He loved his job too much it would mean everything to him if he lost it— but at the step of the house and by the heavy breath he took. He knew he had lost too far now, far from which he had thought he was near his goal.

And suddenly, he collapsed in the middle of a stranger's living room.