Balcony Campout (Hermitstuck AU)

Credit for this spinoff goes to @TheyCallMeMetor and their fanart of Grian and Mumbo in Homestuck God Tier Robes. They have really good art and really good stories, so go check them out.

Note that this is not in anyway connected to the actual Hermitstuck AU. The powers represented in this story do not align with the ones assigned in Hermitstuck. At least, not necessarily. This is just supposed to be some cute fluff.

Anyway, here we go!
________________________________________________________________________________

Mumbo wandered the halls of the Grand Castle that he and some of the other Hermits had taken some refuge in, trying to separate himself from his thoughts. After reaching his God Tier, the most powerful he could be in this strange universe filled with pocket dimensions, he was constantly in need of some alone time.

A glance in the mirror told him why he needed this. The green robes, the teal cape, the pink boots, all of them marked him as the Mage of Mind, the one who understood the thoughts of others. To the natives that saw him, they were a mark of someone to be worshiped. But to him, it was a mark of his strengths and weaknesses. 

The mustached man found himself on one of the moonlit balconies, overlooking the fields and rivers below. It was a pretty peaceful place, or at least it would have been if he could actually focus on it. But still, his mind wandered. Ever since he had come here, ever since he had reached his "full potential," the thoughts wouldn't stop.

It wasn't like they were bad, they were just always there. Mumbo wasn't able to remember the last time that his mind wasn't filled with the racing ideas of both himself and everyone around him.

Oh look, Mumbo's here! Maybe I can help him out a bit! 

The mustached man turned around, not surprised to see that Grian was walking over to him. After all, he had just heard the blond's thoughts in his head, something that was becoming a common experience. 

Much like Mumbo, Grian also wore the robes of a God Tier. He wore a white colored tunic, with a mask, fingerless gloves, and a pair of red boots, looking like the world's most conspicuous bandit. Of course, as the Rogue of Space, it wasn't as though he was going to be sneaking around much.

"Hey, Mumbo!" Grian said. "You look out of it, as usual. Do you need anything?"

Mumbo shook his head. "Other than a nice rest, I'm okay." He replied, a small smile on his face.

The smaller man came up to his side. "While I can steal a lot of things, I don't think sleep is one of them, sadly." Grian said. I mean, I could try, but I'm not entirely sure how that would work... should I try it? The blond's thoughts bounced in Mumbo's mind.

"There's no need to try and get me sleep, Grian." Mumbo said. Grian seemed a bit startled at this, but eventually relaxed.

"Right, I keep forgetting that you can quite literally read my mind now. Or hear it, rather." Grian said with a light nervous laugh." 

"It's not like I mean to," Mumbo said, feeling defensive. "I can't stop it from happening."

"I understand. It does mean that no one's going to be able to prank you ever again, though. Which is a bit disappointing." Grian mused.

Mumbo snorted. "With my spooniness? I'm sure it'll still be possible."

Grian laughed. "How long have you been up, though? You should be in bed, mister!" He scolded, playfully wagging his finger.

"I know, I know! We still have a lot of plans to make. I'm going to need to be awake for them. But the night air is so nice, and helping slow my thoughts down." Mumbo found himself saying.

"Do you want me to get the bed so we can sleep out here on the balcony?" Grian offered.

Mumbo gave him a weird look. "There's no way you can drag a bed here." He challenged.

Grian grinned. "I can try!" He shot back. With that, he closed his eyes in concentration, white sparks surrounding him. While a bed didn't appear, several sleeping bags, a pile of blankets, and enough pillows to make a fort started appearing in the area around him, coming from somewhere else.

After the balcony was covered with nice and cozy soft things, Grian opened his eyes and sighed in disappointment. "I think a bed may be a bit too big for me." He admitted, sounding drained from trying to push the limits of his power. Man, I just can't do anything right, can I?  The blond thought.

Mumbo frowned as he heard that thought. "Nonsense! Even if it's not a bed, we have a pretty cozy camp for a night under the stars here. And it's definitely going to be a big help for me. I might actually get some sleep!" He told his companion.

Grian smiled, thankful for the kind words. "I guess you're right. But I should probably head to bed myself, now." He told the mustachioed Mage of Mind. 

Mumbo smiled. "I can't use all of this by myself, Grian." he invited.

Grian looked at him confused for a few seconds before getting the hidden statement. The Rogue of Space grinned. "We're camping out then?"

Mumbo laughed once more, and the two spent a night under the stars.

________________________________________________________________________________

I really suck at conclusion statements. Oh well. 

So this was my first Hermitstuck oneshot! I enjoyed writing this a lot. If you guys would like to see more of them, I could do that. Just tell me which hermits you want to see, if you want it to be a ship, angst or fluff, and what powers, if you want them in the story (see the class and aspect explanation in the Hermitstuck book.) Of course, if I do do more of these, they won't be connected to the actual story of Hermitstuck

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed! Please tell me what you think!

-Aqua