Breach

when you pass my way, know that my Wi-Fi network
requires no password to gain entry,
thus it comes with a security recommendation:

there is no security in poetry, only the unresolvable:

how came Excalibur into the rock,
will our children have better lives than us,
can we define accurately finite,
why can't we add new letters to our alphabet,
will my poems live longer than I

so when you pass my way
walk right in, sit right down,
greet madness,
thy new boon companion,

who will not ask you for the password...

RAVEN

I'd spend most of my days like this, just wasting time staring at my holo monitors terminal, typing code, sifting through the near endless amount of data that people just left laying around on the internet with poor passwords, terrible encryption and cyber security so easy to break into a toddler could do it.

Demi wasn't here,she'd gone out a couple minutes ago to get supplies for the lounge downstairs, so most days I would just laze about in the spare room she'd given me, cracking passwords and spying into people's private life.

Demi and I were both well-known in Neo Cities criminal underworld, she was one of the biggest Jiggle distributors in the city, and I was one of the best Dj's in the city.

If you're thinking Dj as in Disc Jockey, stand behind a turn table making sick techno beats for a club, you're far from the truth. I'm an entirely different DJ. DJ being the acronym for Data Jackers in my line of work. I hack into people's private life, or in some cases rival gangs private life, collect dirt, or plant false dirt, do whatever I can to wreak havoc among smaller players as instructed by the major players and I was paid a fair price for it.

But, for the most part I just sat and did nothing,helped Demi with the cyber security section of her business since it was particularly important, given the amount of illegal contraband we had that could potentially end up in the wrong hands. Which would be terrible,ruin Demi's as well as my own reputation, and have every major player in Neo-City coming for our heads. She paid me a pretty solid amount of tiles in return, which I aptly spent on cup-o-ramens and ginger beer. I'm a simple Data Jacker kinda gal. I'm not really complicated, I'm just me, a short,tanned skin girl with short brown hair and a knack for computers.

What is interesting is other people. It's fucking incredible what other people do in their spare time. Take the couple a few apartments down from us, the wife there regularly cheats on her husband. Ironically, her husband is also cheating on her. Both of them still keep it a secret from one another and stay together. Why? I have no idea. There's another old man who lives alone, but his son visits him regularly. The old man's blind, so he never knows his son has been stealing half the furniture from his house just to sell and buy more Jiggles from Demi. Always steals small things like forks,knives, things that aren't important really.

I got the whole world at my fingertips with a few keystrokes, I can see everything through CCTV and spyware through other holomonitors or holotops, and I recently wrote a tool that allowed me to see all the devices currently running on the network. It was the usual, devices, old man Marley, the blind dude, the couple's holomonitor that I watched them from,the usual.

Hacking is mostly boring, but once in a blue moon,something exciting happens. And it just so happened that today, was one of those blue moon days.