Chapter 24:Enemies.

The whole camp bustled into action. Groups of soldiers divided to put up tents. Cooks started brewing stew. Horses were tied to trees and given water. Some soldiers disappeared in the forest, to collect wood and so on. Some soldiers threw themselves on the floor and started relaxing.

I tried helping everywhere. I kind of buzzed from one place to another. Natsuhito was standing near a log. Maps spread on the whole surface of it. Pointing to areas and discussing.

"Oh Lady Keiko, could you please go get the hammer from Jeigo." A solider gently asked. I nodded and rushed to the other side of the camp. I quickly grabbed the hammer and rushed back. I stopped to readjust the hammer and the tool box in my arms.

I accidentally let them slip. They clattered on the ground. I groaned and bent down to pick it all up. I felt a pair of eyes looking at me, and found Natsuhito quietly smiling at me. Amusement sparkling in his eyes. I felt the blush coast my cheeks.

I hastily threw everything in the tool box. Everything was scattered in a small area so I could manage. But a pesky little nail had decided to fall upwards. I pricked myself in picking it up. A felt a searing pain, and a drop of blood slowly seeped out. I whined gently and sucked on it. I felt the coppery taste of blood invade my mouth.

The blood wouldn't seem to stop. The small cut was actually deep. I sighed in anger and stood up. I rushed to the solider who had asked for the tool box. I gently placed it in front of him, earning a distracted thanks, before I slowly inched back and tried finding a stream to out in my hand. It hurt like hell. The nail was rusty so that probably was the reason.

I finally found a small stream gurgling peacefully nearby. I quickly placed my finger in the soft current. And felt the pain slightly decrease. The water stained red, just slightly, before the blood got dispersed in the forever changing waters.

I pulled it out. Inspecting the cut. It was staring to become hot and swollen. I whined. It actually hurt. I knew it was going to get infected. "Why are you so clumsy?" I heard someone ask behind me. A hint of concern of amusement mixed into one. I turned around, and found Natsuhito slowly shaking his head. I smiled sheepishly. Natsuhito gently swished towards me.

He directed my wrist with his slender fingers closer to his mouth. His soft, plump lips encircled my finger. He started sucking gently. My eyes widened and my heart started beating. Thrumming quickly against my now weak chest.

As I was about to say something, Natsuhito stopped. His eyes swirled. Pits of darkness. They scanned the surrounding area.
"We're not alone." He whispered.

I felt the warmth I had felt before, disappear as quickly as it came. Being replaced by cold.

Natsuhito had leaned closer to me. He started kissing my cheek. He then inched his mouth gently to my ear. "They don't really know what I look like, and I'm wearing simple clothes today. Plus, Natsuhito is a monster in their head. They wouldn't think that I would be kissing a girl in the forest. So please, go along." He whispered quickly, and harshly.

I whimpered slightly before he enveloped me in his arms. He pressed his lips to immune. I moulded them into his. Pressing my body against his. I felt my heart almost rip of my chest. The kiss soon became warm and passionate. I couldn't control my hands as they slid on his arms.

His hands hugged my waist, pushing me closer to him. My hands moved to his neck.
I felt the stars dancing behind my eyelids.

After 5 more minutes of kissing, Natsuhito pulled back. His eyes sparkling.

I felt a huge fire burn in my chest. My hair was dishevelled and spread around my head.
I passed my hand on my lips, before remembering there were some people watching us. Even though I hadn't felt anyone.

"Are they gone?" I whispered in his ear.
Natsuhito seemed to smile at me. The smile  turning into a smirk. "If you mean the soldiers which had been eavesdropping our conversation then yes." He said. I shook my head. "No the enemies."

Natsuhito laughed. It rang around the small space. "The only people who were watching us were the soldiers. No enemies." Natsuhito said. He winked at me and left. Laughter escaping his mouth.

I felt the realisation hit me like a brick. We had been in no threat. Natsuhito knew I wouldn't have kissed him without a reason, since I respect traditions too much. He had faked it. I screamed in frustration before letting out a small giggle.

What a silly husband I had found.