Chapter 18:The Gift Of Death Is Not Granted

Everything went so fast I thought I had become Leino. The god of speed.

My arm flashed and gripped my brother's arm. I twisted it around his back and made him lower himself. The pain too overwhelming. To give him a finally kick, I raised my leg and hit him on the nose.
A sickening crunch awake all the animals.
I felt pleased as I let him slide

My brother groaned and fell to his knees. His hands trying to stop the flow of blood escaping his probably broken nose. "My lovely Keiko, was not such a monster." He hissed, as he turned paler.

I grabbed the knife who had been forgotten in the rising dust of our fight. I grabbed it by the handle and brought it closer to my brother's throat. I pressed ever so gently.

My brother's eyes looked terrified. He started sweating.

I smirked slightly. "I am not the old Keiko anymore." I hissed, grabbing his hair and slowly inching him closer to the blade that would end his life. "I am a Phoenix who rouse from water. I am forever lasting." I said, my eyes twinkling.

I felt my blood boiling. All the unexpected hatred that had flown in my body when my brother had tried to kill me, seemed to burn.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was. General Tang was looking at me. His long shadow was covering the moonlight. "Lady Keiko, do not stain your hand so soon with blood. The time will come. But it is not today." I tightened my grip.

"But, General Tang, he has tried to murder me." I hissed in the darkness.

The General smiled. "Then why thank him with the gift of death?" He asked. He came closer to my brother and kicked him in the stomach. My brother hit the floor with a groan. "Living is harder than dying isn't it?" General Tang said.

I nodded vaguely. General Tang looked up. His face bathed in the moonlight. He whistled. Two guards came out of the shadows and grabbed my brother.
They pulled him away as he yelled. He seemed crazy. His eyes sparkling. His face stained with red. Yells escaping his mouth. So much strength in trying to escape made the veins in his neck stand out.

I closed my eyes and looked to the side. The brother I once knew was gone. Morphed into a criminal. With blood lust, and a broken mind. Shattered into pieces. 

Our old memories gone like the rays of the sun at night.

A wisp of wind made my hair move gently. General Tang seemed to smile sadly at the moon. "My dear Lady Keiko, I'm afraid, that I have some bad news for you."