Chapter 11: Brother

I blushed madly. I adjusted my vest so it covered it. Sunlight peaked from the tent. I passed my hand in the sunlight.
I just stared at the winking light.

I was about to roll over and sleep some more, when some yells and shouts arrived at my ears. I looked up, worriedly. My brows touched. I got up. I peaked open the curtains. Maybe a fight between soldiers?

There were 5 soldiers who were escorting, well, more like pushing, a young man.

My eyes widened. I gripped the curtains. That messy blond hair, those dark eyes. A gasp escaped my mouth.
My brother.

I threw the curtain open, forgetting I was in indecent clothes.

I rushed to the soldiers. "Stop!" I yelled. The did immediately what they were told. My brother dropped to the dusty ground on his knees. His shirt was ripped. His pants as well. I bent down. I ripped his gag off. It fell to the floor.

My brother's eyes looked up. His eyes flashed when he recognised.

"Keiko? Is that you?" He asked incredulously. I nodded, tears brimming in my eyes. I threw my arms around his neck. He tried doing the same, but his hands were tied together.

"They captured you as well I see." He whispered in my ear. I pulled back and shook my head. "Oh no! They...actually saved me." I said. My brother stayed still. "You're not running away? The Keiko a knew would be screaming and kicking and would have already left." He spat. "Oh, but brother! They are so sweet and kind. They give me clothes, food, lessons and safety!" I exclaimed.

My brother's face contorted in furry. I slightly leaned backwards. My eyes darting from his tightened jaw, to his terrorising eyes. "They brainwashed you! Haven't they?!" He hollered. "No!" I shrieked. "I'm telling the truth, and I'll get married with Natsuhito!" I added, in the moment. I realised what I said, when the soldiers looked at me.

"Na-Natsuhito?! Isn't he the ruler of this sad bunch?!" He yelled. I got so mad. My eyes flashed. I slapped my brother's cheek. I took short breaths. "Don't you dare!" I yelled. My hand tingled. My left arm was still on his left shoulder. He turned around and bit it. I screamed in pain and backed away. My arm known with clear signs of teeth. Blood dripped down to the ground.

The soldiers kicked my brother in the back. "Don't you dare to touch Lady Keiko." He hissed. I stayed still. My eyes frozen. My body stayed still as they brought my brother away. Before disappearing round a corner, my brother shot me one last look of pure disgust.

I fell to the floor. Sobs escaping my mouth. My right hand tried stopping the flow of blood. I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I looked up. Natsuhito was looking at me, sadly.

"Come to my tent." He said gently. I shakily nodded and headed away from him. Away from the news of me marrying Natsuhito, spreading like a wild fire. Away from my brother. Away from everything. Just, with Natsuhito