Chapter 9: Good and Bad; Ups and Downs

Hey guys, I would just like to say thanks for 261 reads. I mean I only thought I would get 4. I really hope you are enjoying the story, and if you are, please vote and comment because it really motivates me. Thanks again and back to the story.  Stay Gold.

I dragged my second case, slowly to my room, thinking about what I still had left that meant something to me. I took down all the photos on my wall and placed them carefully, in the case and then remembered my notebook. I remembered all the times I sat on my floor and wrote songs, and I looked under my bed, pulling it out and placing it beside the photos in my case. I placed then everything I could find into it and hoped as I rebuckled it, that I hadn't forgotten anything valuable to me.

Randy called me a few minutes later to catch the two case filled with money. To my surprise, they were heavy, but light enough for my knees not to buckle.

"Right." He started but I had something better to say.

"What happens if they look in our cases? I'll have three case won't I. That looks suspicious."  I looked at Randy as he lifted the ladder back up.

"Why are ya so against the idea of money?" Randy asked, still not looking at me.

"Mum would have said somethin' at the hospital if she knew about it." I continued.

"Maybe not. Would ya if you were on your death bed?"

I stayed quiet.

"Anyway. Take the case. Have ya got everything?"

"I hope so." I answered him.

"If ya don't. It isn't the end of the world ya can always come back."

I nodded. The last thing I wanted to do was come back but I also didn't want to stay in the house anymore. "Wait." I walked into the bathroom and came out again with a bag full of soaps, shampoos and just plain old toiletry stuff.

"Now are ya ready?" Randy raised a single eyebrow. It runs in the family. Me, mum and dad can also lift one eyebrow like Randy. That's how ya check that I am an Anderson.

We got to the car and Randy locked the front door behind us. I don't know what use that would have done but it seem to help him get over everything. Mark helped me place three of our five cases in the boot, and the other two, me and Randy placed them by our feet. It was a real squeeze, but my extra case got placed in the boot as well when Randy got dropped off.

"Hey Randy." I never thought the day would come that my older brother would leave me just like that.

"Yeah." He turned 'round to me see looking sad and at the ground. "Hey, Zo. It's ok. Ya know. It'll be alright, we'll see each other soon, I promise." He smiled sadly and I returned the smile. He lent over, hugging me and I felt the tears well up in my eyes, but I didn't let them fall down my face, instead they just stayed there, blurring up my vision. "Ya know." He pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. "This is Bob's house's phone number so, call this if ya need anything but I doubt we won't meet on the street, though."

I took it and smiled. "I'll call."

"Ya know, I love ya Zola." Randy started to close the door, 'cause Joan was coming back with a signed piece of paper.

"I know. I love ya too Randy."

"And where your going, please be careful, it isn't the nicest side of town."

I nodded and he slammed the door shut. This was the first time, I had felt real sad for someone. When mum died, I felt sorry for Randy, when dad left, it was more of a relief but now when Randy left, it was kinda like I lost a piece of me and it had just drifted away in the breeze.