22

Thanksgiving day had arrive and Stephen was more excited than ever. He had woken up earlier than everyone in the house. Made his way to his study and was wrapping Ravens gift as her and the children slept.

He had been waiting for this day for over a month now and it had finally come. Changes were finally being made in their relationship. And the surprise he had planned for tonight's dinner would bring many more.

Hours had passed and Stephen had lost track of time while completing paperwork for the office. He knew he shouldn't have been working but money never sleeps. Looking at the large wall clock above his 65" television he was shocked at how long he had actually worked.

It was now a quarter to three and everyone had began to arrived or had arrived already and been there for hours now. Everything was moving so fast.

Raven finally made her way into the room breaking his concentration. She wore her hair down and the low cut V-neck romper she was wearing fit her well. The longer he stared at her the more antsy she became.

"Stop looking at me like that, your making me self conscious." She finally blurred out breaking his trance.

"My fault. Nobody told you to look that good."

Her smile always seemed to brighten his day, even with the large gap she sported.

"Im huge and your child is making things a lot worse than the twins did. Look at hips and my boobs. They were never this wide or this swollen with the twins and now.... shaking my head never again E."

He chuckled while closing his workbook. He could never focus when Raven was around. Everything about her made him loose his train of thought and become uneasy. His palms got sweaty, he could feel himself become tongue tied. But he hid it well.

"Nahhhhh you told daddy you would have more so I'll give you a year between this one and the next one."

She shook her head not wanting to argue with him. But she knew he was right. Their family would expand probably larger than what Stephen asked.

Making their way through the house the two stopped and conversed with different family members who passed their children around. Around six everyone had finally arrived and it was time to eat.

Each person made their plate and made their way to a seat. they all gathered around the dinner table plates full and stomaches empty.

"Nobody touches their food until we say grace." 

The faint sound of smacking lips and laughs filled the dinning area.

"Come on now son. You know black folks starve them selves all day on thanksgiving. Hurry it up."

"Ok ok."

Stephen pulled a chair for Raven letting her sit first a child on each side of them.

"Pops say prayer."

Everyone bowed their heads and joined heads.

"Dear lord I just want to thank you for allowing us all to be here today as a family and allowing this meal we're about to receive to bring the nourishment that our body needs oh lord. I want to thank you for allowing us all to wake up this morning, happy and healthy and willing. In your holy name we pray amen."

"Amen" they all repeat in somewhat of a unison.

They all began to eat and Stephen stands holding the box.

"I want to start a new tradition for our a family. Something I didn't do growing up. Let's all share something we're thankful for. I'll start."

He looked to Raven then looked between his two children before speaking again.