Chapter Sixteen: Elevated

The art work above does not belong to me, credit to the artist!

That night, Uraraka feels something that she has never felt before. It's hard to describe. She's used to butterflies swarming in her stomach when thinking of Bakugou, but this time, there was another sensation. One of complete comfort. When she pictures his face, trying to hide that crinkly smile of his, warmth spreads throughout her entire body. Chills ripple through and her brain tingles.

"This is weird," Uraraka thinks to herself while laying in bed. "Is this what love feels like?"

The thought pulls her up short.

"Love... whoa. I felt something similar after we slept together which I thought was love, but it wasn't quite like this. This seems more... powerful."

She falls asleep smiling, replaying, and creating images of him and her in her head.

Bakugou gets home late from the long walk utterly exhausted. He slumps down on his couch and closes his eyes. His hands stretch out and he feels something fuzzy. The blanket that him and Uraraka used to sleep. He smiles at the memory and lifts it to his face, inhaling her sweet scent. After thirty seconds of this, he conks out. But not before resolving himself to waking up early to run to Uraraka's house so he can walk her to school.

Uraraka wakes to the sound of banging on her door. She rushes and opens it without a second thought.

"BAHAHAHA ROUND-FACE!"

"K-Katsuki?" Uraraka says through a yawn.

"YOU LOOK LIKE A RECK" Bakugou cackles.

"Hey! That's so mean!"

"Oh come on Angel-Face, don't worry, I still like you."

"UGH, I DON'T HAVE THE ENERGY FOR THIS RIGHT NOW KATSUKI."

"Hahaha, alright, alright. I'll stop." He grins.

"What are you doing here so early??"

Her eyes close shut and she leans forward, letting her head hit his chest and rest there.

"I'm taking you to school today."

"Wat?"

"Ugh just get dressed," he says and combs her hair with his fingers but to no avail.

After a few seconds, Bakugou realizes that she has fallen asleep.

"OI! OCHAKO! WAKE UPPP!"

"Wha–I'M UP!" She perks her head up, eyes swollen shut, and her eyebrows raised. "Just..." She trails off, "lemme change."

"Tsch, hurry up Pink-Cheeks."

Uraraka spins around sluggish and starts to make her way toward her closet but feels the sharp slap of a hand on her ass.

"KATSUKI!"

She turns around and sees his face: a gigantic grin.

"Sorry Ochako, I couldn't resist."

"Omg you are such a perv." As she resumes her mission of finding clothes she whispers 'Mineta' under her breath.

"OI!" Bakugou had heard what she had said.

"Hehehehe." She finishes getting ready and hops up to Bakugou. "I'm ready!"

"Tsch, come on let's go."

They walk down the hallway, down the stairs, and out the door. Once they step out onto the rough pavement, Bakugou turns to Uraraka.

"I want to try something."

"What?"

"Get on my back."

Uraraka eyes him suspiciously but does as she's asked.

"Alright now what?"

"Is your backpack on tight?"

"Yaaaa, whyy??" She asks skeptically.

"Hold on!" He shouts.

"KATSUKI WHA–"

Her speech is cut off by the jolt of blasting up into the sky. Air hits the back of her throat and she quickly shuts her mouth and burrows her face into the back of his neck. Her grip hardens to steel around his shoulder. Bakugou's hands are positioned to his side so the explosions miss both of them and propel the two forward. The wind flows through their hair, exposing both of their foreheads. Bakugou glances at Uraraka and sees her eyes squeezed tight, resulting in her cheeks puffing out and eyebrows furrowing. He smiles proudly and looks forward again. Bakugou and Uraraka fly through the clouds. The dawn sunrise highlights the warm pigmentations of the two fifteen year-olds. Uraraka feels the wind slowing down and pries one eye open to peak out. She is greeted with two dark crimson eyes staring at her. Bakugou stopped propelling them forward, and now is just keeping them in place, hanging in the air. Realizing this, she pops her head all the way up. They both look at the beautiful sunrise and then back at each other. He leans in and gives her a peck on the cheek, making her blush. She looks at him and smiles, while simultaneously letting go of his shoulders, beginning the 6,500 feet drop to the ground.

"FUCK!!" Bakugou blasts down as fast as he can to catch her. He bursts through a cloud, but then loses sight of her after he's out. "OCHAKO!!!!!"

"Hiya!"

Bakugou startles and twists in the air to meet Uraraka floating in the air.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!"

"What?"

"THAT WAS NOT FUCKING FUNNY ROUND-FACE."

"Did you forget I can float?!? Jeez Bakugou, how much sleep did you get last night??"

He looks away and blasts back up above the clouds. Uraraka concentrates on her new move, and focuses on the gravitational pull around her. She lessens it bit by bit and floats up back to meet him. "Bakugou." No response. "Bakugouu."

"...you suck," he finally says.

Uraraka giggles and reaches out for him. He 'reluctantly' moves over toward her and embraces her, she then makes him weightless and hugs on to him so he doesn't float away. "You are going to be the death of me Round-Face."

They stay there hugging, watching the golden clouds drift by as the sun rises.

"...we should get going..." Uraraka says after about seven minutes.

"...mmmmm ugh I know," He responds begrudgingly.

Uraraka climbs back onto him and allows gravity to return to both of them. Instinctively, Bakugou then uses explosions to propel them back on their trip to school.

        💕Hey guys 💕Sorry if this was short and nothing really interesting happened in it! If you saw my post, I have been dealing with a lot of health issues and so keeping up with the writing schedule is hard. I will try to post as often as I can (Don't give up on the story just yet, juicy stuff is coming up in the plot) 💛See ya next time! 💛(Also Happy birthday to Bakugou!!)