Chapter One: Angel-Face

The art work above does not belong to me, credit to the artist!

Uraraka wakes up in a recovery room to the sharp smell of antiseptics. Slowly, she remembers the previous events. As the tears collect in her eyes, they burn, and the weight of humiliation settles on her chest. She decides to call her parents, and, as usual, they are nothing but proud and try to comfort her through the tears. None of their encouragements resonate and Uraraka still feels defeated afterwards. Although she has always had strong sense of ambition within herself, she has a hard time controlling her self doubt. As she stretches out, she notices that the feeling of the sheets against her raw skin doesn't hurt as much as she thought it would. Once again, Recovery Girl has worked her magic. Uraraka carefully changes into the new clothes that had been set out for her and signs out. At the end of her psych up speech to head back out, a flash of green hair and freckles appear, and Midoriya crashes right into her.

"Ow!"

A deep shade of embarrassment spreads across his face.

"Oh my gosh Uraraka I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!"

"Oh–Deku! Hi!"

Uraraka realizes that her face must still be puffy and red from the tears so she puts on her brightest smile and does her best to hide it.

"Oh don't worry about it! I'm fine! Are you okay?" She says, unsuccessfully hiding the wavering of her voice.

"Ya I'm fine I was just looking for y-you! You did a-amazing against Kacchan! He is so strong and you kept the match going for such a long time! Plus your strategy was awesome!"

A lump builds in her throat once she's reminded of her loss, but she tries to brush it off.

"Haha thanks, that was really tough. I can't afford to lose like that again. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed, but I'll be fine!"

She gives a cheerful thumbs up in further attempt to hide her disappointment. Then remembers that there are matches still going on, so before he can offer his condolences she cuts him off.

"I'm sorry Urara-"

"Let's go watch the other matches! I bet you want to take some notes!"

"Oh uh okay, sure!"

"Great."

They both head out of the office and are walking down the long hallway to the stands, when the door to their right suddenly bursts open. It's Bakugou.

"Uh hi Kacchan!" Midoriya says nervously.

"What the fuck do you want nerd," Bakugou says with malice in his voice.

Uraraka strickens with Bakugou so close, she doesn't want him to see that she had just been crying. She doesn't want to allow him another victory.

"Oh-um nothing, Uraraka and I were just going to watch the tie-breaker between Kirishima and Tetsutetsu, do you want to join?"

Bakugou's expression contorts at the mention of Uraraka's name. He hadn't noticed her since she's pretty short and was standing next to Midoriya. Bakugou steps further out into the hallway to face both of them.

"What're you looking at Angel-Face?"

Uraraka had been staring at him, and was only brought out of her thoughts at the mention of that name, Angel-Face. He had called her that right as the match began. If it had come from someone other than Bakugou, it would have been a compliment, but Bakugou doesn't give compliments. This was all very confusing to Uraraka and it all came back to her as she stared blankly up at his face, which was looking more and more annoyed by the second.

"Oh uh nothing."

"You're damn right nothing," He says harshly, and begins walking to the stands. "What a fucking joke."

After a pause Uraraka speaks, "What's that supposed to mean?" she says defiantly.

Bakugou stops dead in his tracks and abruptly turns around.

"What did you just say to me?" As he says this, he begins walking calmly toward her. Bakugou steps uncomfortably close to Uraraka and peers down at the unyielding girl.

"You heard me," Uraraka says confidently, while staring right back at him. She decided that she isn't gonna give him the satisfaction. And besides, she's never been truly scared of him. Uraraka knows this doesn't make any sense due to the fact that she has seen, on many occasions, how Bakugou is with strangers, let alone Midoriya. At this point, there had already been three whole seconds of silence and the hostility between the two was rising.

"Hey guys le-let's go?" Midoriya says anxiously. He tries to step in between Bakugou and Uraraka but Bakugou shoves him away with his arm while keeping eye contact with Uraraka.

"Shut up Deku this isn't any of your fucking business. Wait. Actually, you were the one that gave this brat the desperate idea for the meteor shower right?! Of course, it's just like you to be pulling those fucking tricks."

"No Bakugou," Uraraka says, making sure to pronounce every syllable for emphasis, as though she's explaining something to a child. "I was the one that came up with that 'joke'. Deku had nothing to do with it."

"Oh really? Then Deku, why don't you just leave, you're not involved in this," Bakugou holds eye contact with Uraraka while he says this.

The last thing Midoriya wants is to leave Uraraka with an enraged Bakugou. One of the things Bakugou hates most in the world is being made to look like a fool and that is exactly what he thinks Uraraka has done. He also knows that Bakugou doesn't discriminate in regards to his treatment of girls.

"I'm not going to leave," Midoriya says, while trying to hide how terrified he is. He has gotten a little more confident in dealing with Bakugou ever since he got his quirk, but the effects of being kicked the shit out of everyday doesn't just go away.

"WHAT'D YOU SAY?" Bakugou yells.

"I said I'm not going to leave Uraraka!"

This sends Bakugou over the edge and sparks start flying from his hands. Bakugou moves toward Midoriya, and Uraraka knows that that will yield no good outcome.

"Hey Deku!" Uraraka trills. The two boys flinch and Bakugou's eyes narrow at Uraraka. "Don't worry about it, I'll be fine, I can handle McSplodey." Midoriya looks at Uraraka intently to see if she really means it, and she gives him a reassuring glance. He surveys the hallway and notices a surplus of security cameras.

"Okay...," he says cautiously, "I think the match between Kirishima and Tsetsutsetsu is over, so I'll go prepare for my fight against Todoroki."

"Good luck! Do your best!"

He heads over and enters the room, giving Uraraka one last cautious glance. As soon as he shuts the door to his waiting room, Bakugou turns back to Uraraka.

"Did you think it'd be fucking funny to pull that trick on me?" Bakugou asserts at her.

"No. That's ridiculous. I was just trying to win. That's what everyone is trying to do, what else should I have done? And why do you have to be such a total dick all the time? What'd the world do to you?"

This takes Bakugou aback. He has never heard her say anything like that before, and he's surprised when he finds himself snickering.

"What!?" Uraraka shouts.

"Tsch, I've never heard you say anything like that. It's cute."

Uraraka's eye widen in fury at the dismissal, and the deep blush that colors her face makes him laugh again. While Bakugou looks down at her in amusement, she starts ranting under her breath and stomps away toward the stands. Having nothing else to say at that moment, his anger subsides and as soon as she's gone, he heads into his waiting room to prepare for his next match.