Chapter Three: Uncover

The art work above does not belong to me, credit to the artist!

Uraraka is first to school like always. Since her parents have to work super early and there's no school bus for U.A. High School, she rides the first train into town. There, the security guards let her in, and she waits for Aizawa in homeroom. Uraraka takes out her binder and begins finishing up on some math homework that she didn't get to complete over the weekend. She hears someone at the door and assumes it's Aizawa, which would be unexpected because he's usually always late to take attendance. The door opens and standing there is Bakugou Katsuki. She locks eyes with him and gives him a timid smile. "Crap," she thinks. "This is gonna be so awkward." He stands in the doorway blankly staring at her.

"Shit, can this get any worse," Bakugou thinks. "This is exactly like my fucking dream." He looks her up and down and realizes she's not wearing her tights either. Her legs are toned and muscular. "Jesus Christ," he whispers under his breath. His eyes widen as he feels his pants get tight. "SHIT," he thinks.

"You alright?" Uraraka asks inquisitively. He hadn't responded to her greeting and she notices an expression of alarm growing on his face. "Bakugou?"

He finally responds, "What?! Can I not be early to class?" He rushes over to his usual seat on the other side of the room and slumps into it. He immediately pulls out his head phones and starts listening to music with the volume all the way up.

Uraraka lets out a sound of exasperation and gets back to her school work. "Why does he have to be so angry all the time, I only asked him if he was alright."

Meanwhile, Bakugou is struggling to calm down. "Why the fuck is this happening to me. I have never even thought about her like that before. She friends with fucking deku for god's sakes."
Bakugou notices that Uraraka is muttering under her breath and it exacerbates his mood. "Uraraka!"

This startles her, "What?!"

"Stop talking so much, I'm trying to concentrate."

"On what!?"

"None of your business that's what." He looks back down at his phone and resumes his music. A couple minutes of silence go by, but then she starts talking to herself again.

"If 'y' is equal to eight 'x' squared, plus seven 'x', minus forty-nine.... and if 'f' of 'x' equals... then, THEN I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THE PROBLEM."

"ANGEL-FACE!" Bakugou yells in frustration.

At the mention of that name, Uraraka's heart starts beating faster and faster. "There it is again," she thinks to herself. "That nickname. Is it a complement? A term of endearment? It's not like 'Hair-For-Brains', or 'Deku'. It's kind of... nice." She collects herself and manages to speak. "I'm sorry Bakugou. I am just really frustrated with this math problem. I have no idea how to do it and Ectoplasm is going to kill me if I turn in another assignment late."

"It's not my fucking problem. I just want you to shut up. Why don't you try paying attention in class, instead of gawking at that damn nerd." This last comment takes Uraraka aback.

"What?"

"You heard me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Jesus Uraraka, for U.A. student, you sure are a fucking idiot. I'm talking about Deku." The fury in her builds with the word 'idiot' ringing in her ears.

"Don't ever call me an idiot again."

"Tsch, can't take the harsh reality?"

"Katsuki."

The mention of his first name brings him up short. But before he can cut in, Uraraka continues her thought.

"I go home everyday and work my ass off. My family isn't as well off as most, and even with a scholarship here, I still need to work two part-time jobs. After I am finished waitressing and cleaning, I come home exhausted to my crappy studio apartment to do my assignments. I can either choose homework or sleep. So when I am in class, it is sometimes hard to concentrate; Deku has nothing to do with it."