Chapter 2

At this point, Izuku’s gotten over his reluctance to go to UA in favor of Rosemount High School, as they are both very prestigious hero schools, but he decided on UA. In the end, he wanted to go to All Might’s alma mater rather than Grim’s. [(A/N) Grim is a self-insert OC who will be appearing in this story later, during the “Hero-Killer” arc, as I much prefer that Stain be a Vigilante than a Hero-Killer. Instead, it will be a conflict between my self-insert hero and his villain brother. Grim is also #2 on the leaderboard of heroes, so Endeavor is even more angry.] Both were great heroes, and it amused Izuku to no end how angry Endeavor was at both of them for passing him on the leaderboards.

He knew, however, that he would need to do some hardcore leveling to get into either school, so he went to the quirk gym more frequently, simply sticking to staying out of Bakugou's sight in order to hide his quirk. Then, he realized he didn't need to hide it, so he just began not paying attention.

He had gained a weapon from an earlier quest, a sword made out of a dark green metal. It had slowing properties, because it was apparently forged in non-lethal paralysis venom from a special serpent. It was titled the Useless Blade. Literally titled that, it wasn't what Izuku called it.

He'd also gotten a special coat which he kept in his item storage. It couldn't be destroyed, so he decided it would be part of his hero costume. It looked pretty freaking cool, s he wore it while training his quirk.

He had decided to test something in the quirk range today. He'd noticed a blue bar below his HP, and he assumed it would be Mana. He wanted to try and harness it. This proved not to be very difficult. All he needed to do was get a skill.

He attempted meditation, and it helped, but he obviously wasn’t as calm as he could be. Especially with all the explosions around him, and the sharp noises from other quirks.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked around. He felt free and open. He felt light and happy, like he was floating. And then he actually was floating. He focused on the feeling around him and beneath him. His Mana had been released into the air and was holding him up in a cross-legged position.

The blue-green energy swirled beneath him, visible for anyone to see. He calmly grabbed some of it in his hand, feeling it swirling around. It was soothing, a nice feeling. It almost felt like he was putting his hand in a pool of water.

He concentrated on the Mana in his hand, imagining it in a smaller form. The Mana began to slink away from his hand, leaving only a small part behind. It formed into a semi-cone shape. It had become a bullet of blue-green energy.

The Mana that had fallen out of his hand dissipated, as did the rest that was holding him up. He landed smoothly, still extremely calm. He pressed a hand to the new screen in front of him.

[Mana Manipulation]
[LV. 1]
[Active]

Most people don’t even realize that Mana exists, and even if they did, they would not be able to manipulate it. It is solely because of your quirk and your ability to stay calm that you are able. But these two things combined give you extreme control over it.

The window closed, and Izuku walked into the quirk firing range. He willed the bullet to float above his head and concentrated. The bullet shot towards the target, hitting right in the bullseye.

New Skill Unlocked

[Mana Bullet]
[LV. 1]
[Active]

You can now form bullets out of your Mana. It will take a lot of focus for the first few levels, but it gets easier to summon them as you grow in power. They don’t do much damage. You can summon +2 bullets at once each level.

[Max Bullets: 2]
[Mana Cost: 5]

Izuku sighed. This would probably do for fighting against his possible future classmates, but he needed something more powerful for actual villains. He began to train with Mana Bullet, hoping to get it to a comfortable level where he didn’t have to concentrate. Finally, he came up with an idea.