Flicker

Louis' POV:

We finally made our way downstairs, after an hour of fun, then a nice shower.

Our Mums must both still be in bed, it's 8.30, which is very late for me getting up on Christmas day!

"C-Can we open the p-presents?" Harry jumps up and down like a little boy, i smile at him, he's so cute.

I grab his hand. "No love, think we better wait til Mums are up. Don't wanna get in trouble do we?"

He pouted. Oh my god he's so precious.

We heard footsteps behind us and Anne appeared, followed soon after by my Mum.

"Happy Christmas!" I called. " H-Happy C-Christ-mas! " Harry stuttered.

We all cuddled together.

"C-Can w-we o-open p-presents?"

Anne looked at Harry curiously. I must admit his stutter seems worse today. I'm hoping it's just excitement. I'm keeping a close eye on him!

"Yes...come on..I'm desperate to see what you got me Harry!" I joke. We all head to the living room and sit next to the Christmas tree.

Once all the presents are open, we sit on the sofas and relax, playing with our new gadgets, reading books, trying clothes on. This is the best Christmas ever!

Mum and Anne are in the kitchen seeing to the lunch. It's my second favourite part of this day, after the presents!

Harry and I are cuddled up on the sofa watching love actually. He's being a bit quiet and it's worrying me.

"Harry...are you alright?" I whisper .

"Huh?"

" you ok love? "

"Y-yes L-Lou" was his simple reply.

"You'd let me know if you felt poorly?" I put my fingers through his curls.

He hummed a yes.

"I'm just gonna get a drink. You want one?" I ask him as i get up.

"P-please!"

I walk into the kitchen. "Anne, Mum...I'm worried about Harry. Have you noticed he's stuttering lots today?" I asked them, frowning.

Anne looks sad. "I've noticed Louis. It's scaring me. He should be getting better not worse."

Mum took her hand and held it tightly. "Maybe he needs a check up? Take him to hospital tomorrow. Let him enjoy today and see what happens?" Mum said.

Anne wiped a tear from her eye. "Right! Let's get on with this dinner!" She turned around and started peeling the vegetables.

I went back to Harry with two drinks and sat next to him. He was asleep. I didn't wake him up. I just sat watching him for a bit. Hoping that he was ok.

---

"Dinner is ready boys!" Mum called from the kitchen . I gently woke Harry up. He'd been asleep for a good two hours.

"Dinner time Harry" i whispered. He smiled and started to lift himself up off the sofa.

He seemed a bit sluggish, walking slowly. We sat down and pulled our crackers, putting our paper hats on. Why are the presents inside crackers always rubbish?

We ate our dinner, while chatting and laughing, even Harry. I was thankful. Hopefully he had just been tired and now he'd was feeling better.

"This is the best Christmas dinner ever. Thanks Anne, thanks Mum!" I said as i stuffed more roast potatoes in my mouth.

"You're welcome Lou!" Anne said and Mum smiled.

"Enjoying your food Harry?" Anne asked. He nodded.

" which part is the best Harry? I love the potatoes the most especially when they're crispy like these! "

"S-same!" He responded . I wish he'd say more.

"Favourite vegetable?" I asked.

" B-Bro-B-Broc-oli" he huffed. He put his fork down on the table and sat back.

"Harry? What's wrong love?" Anne asked.

Harry was looking down, but i could see he was crying.

"Harry?" I whispered . "Please tell us."

He looked up, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I-I c-can't t-t-talk."

Anne jumped up from her seat and rushed over to Harry pulling him into a cuddle, he was sobbing his heart out. It was breaking my heart to see him like this.

"Baby, please don't cry. I'm taking you to hospital tomorrow ok? We'll get you seen to. Try not to worry love ok?" She said.

I didn't even notice that Mum was rubbing my back because i was crying too.

"S-s-sorr-rry!" Harry whimpered.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. We're going to help you get better again!"

---

Dinner was over, dishes washed and put away. We sat in the living room. Harry was falling asleep, so Anne asked me to help him up to bed. It had been a long day for him.

I got him upstairs and ready for bed. He looked absolutely drained.

This boy was so full of life this morning, and now...here he is...struggling to speak, heartbroken.

I helped him into bed and got in next to him.

"C-cudd-dle?" He asked. Of course!

I put my arms around him. He was bigger than me, but right now he feels so small. I rub my hand up and down his arm. I feel his body relaxing, and soon he is asleep, quiet snores coming from his beautiful lips.

My tears are falling. I cry myself to sleep.

So sad.

All the love xxx