Temporary Fix

Louis' POV:

I was walking out of Harry's bathroom, when i heard him scream.

I panicked and rushed over to his bed. He was trying to sit up, pulling at his oxygen mask. I pressed the red emergency button above his bed.

He was struggling to breathe and his face was pale.

Two nurses and his doctor ran in and went to work on Harry. My mind went blank...i don't know what they were doing to him, all i could hear were his gasps for breath.

I had to sit down, i was feeling faint. 'where are you Anne! Harry needs you!' I thought. I grabbed my phone and sent a quick message.

Two minutes later, she burst through the door in a panic. I jumped up and held her as we watched the doctor and nurses.

His gasps for breath had stopped. The nurses left his room and the doctor turned to face us.

She motioned for us to sit down, so we did, holding each others hand.

"He's stable now. It was a severe panic attack, not a seizure. We're not sure what caused it. Maybe a nightmare?" She spoke quietly.

" a nightmare? He had those before, after a seizure. He told me it's usually about him dying" i said sadly.

"That's probably what happened then. I've given him a sedative, so he'll be asleep for a while. The new dose of medication should be taking effect, so we'll see how that goes. Any questions?"

" you said about a brain scan? Do you think there's something wrong with his brain? And when will he have it done? " Anne asked, rubbing her thumb on my knuckles.

"Oh yes....he'll have the scan once he's awake. It's just precautionary. We'll know more once it's done. Try not to worry." She smiled at both of us. She got up and left the room.

Anne was crying, i put my arm around her, trying to stop my own tears. It was horrible watching Harry struggle to breathe. He was sound asleep now, quietly snoring. He looked peaceful, so different to just ten minutes ago.

"Shall we take a walk...get a cuppa?" I asked.

" ok love! " she replied, as we both stood up and walked out the door, closing it quietly behind us.

---

We both got a hot drink and went to sit at a table next to a window, that overlooked a beautiful garden. It had started snowing, not heavy, just enough to leave a thin blanket on the cold ground.

We sat in silence for a while, watching the snow, and thinking about Harry.

"Louis?" Anne snapped me out of my daydream.

"Hmmm...yes?" I turn to face her. Her eyes are still glossy.

" you know, you don't have to stay here. You must have other things to do? Not that i want you to go, but, if you want to... " she said sadly.

"Anne...i won't leave. I can't! Not unless you tell me to. I love him so much." I started crying.

Anne puts her hand on mine again. "Oh Louis love! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you. Don't cry please!"

I sniffed and wiped my eyes on my jumper sleeve. "Sorry!"

We finished our drinks and headed back to Harry.

---

He was still asleep when we got back. He hasn't even moved. I wish he would wake up, and be cured. Why did he have to get this illness? It's not fair, that someone so lovely can get ill like this.

I was busy looking at him. I took note of his gorgeous face. His perfect plump pink lips, his long dark eyelashes, his cute nose, his tiny ears, his jawline to die for, not to mention those dimples! I wish i could see his amazing emerald green eyes....they were my favourite thing. That's what i fell in love with first. I was smiling.

His eyes slowly flickered open, adjusting to the bright light.

"Harry!" I yelped. " how are you feeling? "

He groaned, still not quite awake.

"You've been asleep a while. Your Mum just popped home for a shower and change of clothes, she'll be back soon." I explained, as he looked confused.

He lifted his hand trying to remove the mask again. I grabbed his hand and told him to leave it.

"I'm just going to find the doctor, back in a min love!" I said as i left the room.

---

Harry's POV:

I feel so tired, like the most tired i think I've ever felt. I'm in a strange room. Is it a hospital room? Why am i here again? I want to go home.

I sit myself up and take off this bloody mask. I feel weird and dizzy, so i put my head down for a minute until the dizziness goes. I pull the sheet off my legs and try to swing my legs around. There's like a tube going up this horrible gown I'm wearing. What's that for? I pull the gown up and gasp, as the tube is going up my... What the fuck!

Should i pull it out? it might hurt. It feels weird.  Urgh! How can i get up now. I sigh. I want to go HOME!

---

Louis' POV:

I walk in Harry's room with doctor Swift and am shocked!

"Harry! What are you doing? Don't touch that!"

" Harry. You mustn't touch your catheter! You need to get back into bed now. You'll be going for your scan soon. " Doctor Swift told him. "We just need your Mum's permission to go. "

"She'll be back soon...i texted her when Harry woke up" i said to the doctor, she nodded.

"That's fine. Let me know when she's back so we can get going. I'll be back soon, and Harry.....don't touch! " she smiled.

"What were you trying to do Harry? You can't pull that out! I was trying not to laugh, but seeing him half naked was funny.

"It's uncomfortable and i want to go home" he replied seriously.

"Oh love...you can't go home yet. Hopefully soon, yeah?" I hugged him.

" Ok" he sighed and laid back on his pillows.

Now we need to wait for the scan. Please let it be ok.

All the love xxx