Chapter 28

Cole's POV

I can't believe that my first time would be with my first and last love. No words can describe this feeling, waking up and the first time I get to see is her face. I just can't wait to marry this girl. She wakes up and smiles with her eyes half open and greets me good morning.

"Morning." I kiss her forehead. Then I kiss her lips and we got passionate and we did what we did last night.

***

We told both of our families about the plan. They we're so happy and decides we'll wed by next week.Happily, we both agreed. Amber and I didn't decide to move in together since we'll get there someday so for now, we're enjoying our time. Every night, we would hang out with our friends, partying, playing pool and just watching movies.

Tonight, here we are at Aiden's place, just hanging out.

"By the way, the night before your wedding will be my birthday. Is it okay if we'll celebrate?" Rachel asks

"Yeah sure. But I don't know about Amber. What do you think?" I look at my beautiful fiance.

"No problem. But after the party, I need to go home since we have this tradition in the family that the groom is not allowed to see his bride the night before the wedding." Amber explains.

"What? Where did you get that tradition?" Rachel scoffs

Amber just shrugs "Got nothing to lose if you follow it. It's a big deal to my parents. So I'll just follow them."

I placed my arm around her shoulder and kisses her forehead to show Rachel that I respect her decision.

"So, where are we celebrating your birthday?" Aiden asks.

"Just at my house. I asked my parents to go to Grandma's house so I can throw a party and they agreed." Rachel says excitingly.

Rachel's birthday came. I picked up Amber before heading to the party. There were lots of people in the house. The birthday celebrant isn't able to entertain us since people come and go. Me and Amber just kept on drinking and dancing.

I notice that Amber is getting tired so I offered to take her to a room since I can't find Rachel anywhere, I just went to her room and let Amber sleep.

***

Finally, the day of our wedding. I wonder why Amber left Rachel's room last night. Probably because of that tradition she told Rachel. I was preparing for the big event. I can't shrug this bad vibe that I'm feeling. Like something bad is going to happen. This is probably just all the happiness I'm feeling right now.

When I come out of the room, I notice people are getting tense, probably just excitement.

Here I am, standing in front of the altar wearing the best costume I'll ever wear in my entire life. I can already imagine the person I'll be spending my life with will walk in front of me wearing a beautiful white dress. The door opens, this is it.. the time has come.

Instead of seeing Amber, Reuben runs down the aisle with a worried face. This is not the face of a grandfather who choose her granddaughter's groom for the wedding. Then the gap between is closes and he says something that will probably haunt me for the rest of my life. "Amber is gone, she won't be coming to the wedding."