Chapter 18

What are they doing here? Aiden walks to Nick and gives him a handshake. So, they're the friends Nick was talking about. Then Cole stands beside me.

"Thought you can get rid of me that easy?"

I give him a death glare.

"By the way, I forgot to bring a tent. You mind if we share?" he smirks again.

"No way! Go sleep with Aiden."

"Aiden will sleep outside and I don't want to disturb Chelsea and Mark."

"Go sleep with Nick then." I protest

"We both know where this is going and I always get what I want." he gives me wink before walking towards Mark and Chelsea.

What is he up to? I know what to do, I'll sleep with Rachel tonight.

Nick approaches and offers to help me with my tent.

"So, what's our first activity?" I ask

"Breakfast, take a hike going to the falls then come back here in time for dinner and then we'll have a few drinks around the campfire." he responds

Perfect.

As soon as we're done setting up my tent, I forgot I was suppose to talk to Rachel about her boyfriend. When I turn around, I see Aiden talking to her. Looks like they're getting along. Maybe I'll just ask her later.

So I decide to help Nick prepare breakfast while Cole and the others are taking a dip in the lake.

***

After eating breakfast, we're on our way to the falls. I'm kind of excited. Along the way, Nick never left my side. While Cole walks in front of us. What a gentleman. Pft. Not that I'm expecting him to be one. Besides, Nick is already doing that.

Cole he's just the most confusing person I know. He's been avoiding me for the past few days and suddenly, he comes here and acts as if nothing really happened? Maybe 2 days was enough for him to move on from what happenes. I'm sure I'm not the only girl he kissed.

Anyway, why am I thinking about him? I should be enjoying my time with Nick.

"I'm just gonna go talk to Rachel." he responds with a smile and I catch up with Rachel and along the way, Cole is blocking where I'm going. I walk to his right side, he takes one step to the right. I move to the left, he moves to the left.

"Do you mind?" I say with an irritating tone he turns around walking backwards

"Oh sorry, where are you going? I thought you and lover boy over there are hitting it off."

"None of your business."

"It is my business. This is why you're asking for my help, right? So I'm gonna need some updates if we're making progress."

"Fine. We're getting there. Now can you please move aside?" he turns around and walks normally then he steps aside giving me space to reach Rachel.

"So, where's your boyfriend?" I ask Rachel while panting

"We broke up. I caught him cheating."

"I'm so sorry." I said with a sad face.

"Don't worry, I'll be able to move on." she gives me this forced smile.

"Well, you and Aiden look good together." I smile, teasing her.

"He's okay. As a friend. I don't want to rush into things since I just broke up with Craig."

"I get it. I respect that."

"So, how's everything with Nick and Cole?"

"Whoa, what do you mean with me and Cole?" I give her questioning look.

She rolls her eyes "You can't really see it huh?"

"See what?"

"Cole likes you."

"No he doesn't." I argue

"Yes he does. If he doesn't like you then why is he avoiding you after what happened?" she asks. Of course I told her what happened. I respond her with a shrug.

"In my opinion, Cole likes you but since you have your eyes on someone, he respects that. Just be careful who you choose between them. I know Nick is the safest choice being a gentleman and all while Cole, well...he's just different." I just keep silent trying to process her words. "I just can't see you with Nick. Sure you like him because he's nice. But what if it's too nice and you'll get bored?"

I feel like this isn't about me anymore. I just keep quiet and decide not to argue with her.

The way she's telling me these, it's like both men confessed their feelings to me already. True that Nick is the safe choice but there's something about Cole that just gives me the thrills. Like if he's the nice Cole, the angry Cole, the bully Cole and that excites me.

When we arrive at the falls, everyone dive right in except me. Everyone is having so much fun. Aiden, Cole and Rachel are playing in the water while Mark and Chelsea are too busy making out. I roll my eyes.

So I stay at the side while my feet are in the water.

Nick appears beside me.

"Come on, let me teach you how to swim." extending his hand to me

"No thanks. It's not that I don't want to learn. I'm just afraid I'll drown."

"Just do what dogs do." a voice appeared out of nowhere and I realize Cole is standing behind me.

"Let your body float and pedal like you're riding a bicycle while your arms are doing the same." Cole added

He then carries me then throws me in the water.

Everything happened so quickly. I can't do this. With all my might, I keep kicking to the surface so I can call out for help but no one came. Then everything went black. I can't do this. I close my eyes and stop kicking. I give up.

A few seconds later, I feel someone's arms around me. I half open my eyes and I see Nick with a worried face. Then I close my eyes.

I feel someone pushing my chest. I guess it's Nick since he is the one who pulled me out of the water. Then I feel something soft on my mouth and air passes through my mouth. That's when I wake up and my eyes widens in shock. Cole's eyes meets mine the moment I open my eyes.